1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking two Mlife Offers WITH 72 hours in between

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all! (And Chuck/JeJas, if you're reading)

I asked this before, but am down to the nitty-gritty on time, and just want to make sure I budget properly, since I've read recent posts saying FP/RC at only one property.

I am redeeming two Mlife comped room offers, WITH 72 hours in-between. (Aria 5/21 - 5/24 and Bellagio 5/27 - 5/30)

I have a decent RC/FP at both. Since I will have 72 hours in-between, will I also be able to cash in on my Bellagio FP/RC? It's $550 total FP/RC at the second property, so if not, it'll make a difference in budgeting. Thoughts? (And thank you!)

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have 72 hours in between, you should be able to use the throw-ins from both offers.

The "one-or-the-other" policy with respect to the throw ins used to apply to back-to-back bookings. You could use the comped rooms back-to-back, but only the throw-ins from one or the other. More recently, it appears they are strictly applying the 72 hour rule to the rooms themselves, although I did see one account where someone claimed they were still able to book back-to-back offers the "old" way.

I don't recall ever seeing anyone denied the throw-ins on a 2nd reservation when there were 72 hours in between. If you book the 2nd by phone to VIP Services, the rep will be able to see the first one (even if it's at another hotel) and should alert you if there's any issue.

3. lalala

lalala Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi.I just recently stayed at two MLife properties with the 72 hours in between .I got my F/P and RC at the first property,but at the second property I was given only the RC.,at 2nd property.The supervisor said ,They don't care about the room or RC,but they will only give one freeplay,from the first booking.

4. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had no problem getting 2 FPs on one trip as long as there was 72 hours in between. Are we talking about using the same offer twice or using 2 different offers? Mine was the latter.

5. lalala

lalala Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes ,I use the Mlife Spring, undefined offer which had FPand FB for any property.I booked the first offer by phone but could not apply the same offer since it expired on my MLife account.So I called in and they gave me the expired offer by phone,however the F/P was not added to the second property upon arrival.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, Multi, since this is a first hand account, I'd recommend calling instead of just booking and crossing your fingers, especially if it you are trying to book the same corporate offer at two different properties (as opposed to a mix of corporate and property-specific offers).

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is that if the two offers are the same offer (such as mlife summer) offer, you won't get the second one, enen if they have different offer codes.
    If they are true different offers, you can get both. I done that before.
    I also believe the above story of getting RC , not FP.
    The fine print says gaming offer only once blah blah.
    Only FP is gaming offer, RC is not.

8. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There must be 72 hours in between promotional trips within MGM Resorts International destinations. Gaming offers may only be redeemed once during the promotional period.

So pretty clearly one free play per promotional trip, 72 hours between promotional trips, can get 2 FPs on two different promotional trips with 72 hours in between them. That's at least what my terms say and that's exactly how these have worked in the past for me.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure exactly how the 72 hours are calculated.

Are you staying at the first hotel on the 24th and leaving on the 25th
    or
    leaving on the 24th?

10. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (Aria 5/21 - 5/24 and Bellagio 5/27 - 5/30)

Checking out on 24th at 11am, checking into Bellagio on 27th at 3pm = 76 hours in between trips.

11. Ally Vegas

Ally Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do this as long as they are two different offers. IE a property specific offer and a corporate offer OR two different property specific offers. In my experience, they also were not sticklers for exactly 72 hours-as long as the calander day was 3 days later the check-in/out time was flexible.

12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you all aren't taking into account is that you are dealing with people. People who don't necessarily understand the M life program even as well as some of the members of this forum. I have dealt with many M Life employees who really don't seem to have much of an understanding of how the program even works. If you end up dealing with some supervisor somewhere who doesn't think you are entitled to the free play, and resort credit - not much you can do unless you are prepared to "make a fuss".

Just like when I went on one of the first free M Life cruises a few years ago. I took my free cruise, and liked it so much, I booked a second a few months later. The host supervisor on the ship didn't understand that even though my cruise wasn't free, that I should still get the M Life Platinum perks (10 free drinks, 30 minutes of internet time, etc.) I was denied all of those perks.

Just because they work for M Life doesn't mean they are an expert on it :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck, JeJas, Josie, Kolm and all others!

I DO have 72 hours in between, so should be safe. (And seperate offer, Mlife winter corpoate, and Aria direct marketing promo.) I know there is always a chance something can hiccup, if it was absolutely a "no" I just wanted to plan accordingly.

Honestly, the FP I'm braced on not getting, due to the gaming caveat. Hopeful, but braced. The RC is the bigger deal for me.

Thanks again, amazing feedback as always

And PPS Chuck/Kolm, not to worry, I've had this booked since January. They're different offers, my winter corporate (bellagio), and my Aria direct offer. The both show FP and RC o the reservations, but fine print does mention only one gaming offer. I'd LOVE RC and FP, but honestly I was surprised I was able to even redeem on Memorial day, so even if I lose part, it's still generous, so I can't fuss!

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Kolm
    Hey Kolmeseiska, just saw this...great feedback! Now my hopes are up again on FP since they are two totally different offers, a corporate winter offer and a property specific offer.

Fingers crossed and I'll give an update on if it works or not. (But won't know till I'm out there)

Thank again!!!

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I definitely feel like this combo should work and you should get everything. Definitely let us know. You may even get grandfathered in because they're older offers. I'm not sure anyone's received a completely new property-specific offer since they revamped the front end. I'm due pretty soon for an Aria one if they're still going to be creating them.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Multifarious! Just noticed your timer is about to go off, and wanted to send sincere best wishes and good karma for your trip. You were so helpful on our recent trip and stay at Aria - love your enthusiasm!
    Hope you make platinum this trip - based on your post, you are soooo close!
    Keep us posted! Geogran

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you SOOOO much Geogran!!!! I can't wait to be there, and your warm send off made my entire week, thank you.

I'll be pulling your trick of playing till the wee hours of the morning, and I'll also try your tip from awhile back!

Thanks Geogran, again, this really made my day!

P.S. And Chuck, I'll absolutely let you know if the double free play works.

18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys, as promised, a quick update. Bellagio DID honor both full free play and ful RC, despite us staying at aria 3 days ago. And, we had a cushy amount, so this was generous and very appreciated.

Ok, I'm going downstairs to play, wish me luck, and good luck to everyone else who is in Vegas, or going!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is good info, Multifarious5, thanks for remembering!
    Hope you hit some really nice ones at Bellagio!

20. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update! Great to hear that.
    And most importantly: Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.