1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How Much Of A Win Will It Take?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Ezzy711, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very happy to come home with any part of my original stake. However, as the trip grows near I start to dreaming of winning 5K on a slot and paying off some long term debt. Who am I kidding, I'd use it for the next trip.

So then I wondered how much would I have to win to pay a few bills, buy something slightly extravagant, and have a good stake for the next trip. Of course it's all relative, but for me the bare minimum would be $25,000. Not bloody likely but at least I have a goal. I don't want to be mega bucks greedy, just win enough to have a good time and a return trip.

What if your fun goal?

• Like Like x 1
  2. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been awhile since I've had a good win. I would be happy with anything, but $10,000 would surely be sweet.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once hit a $10k jackpot and was "scared" of having NC (no control) and giving it all back. I cut my trip early and went home with $7k

• Like Like x 1
  4. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The most I can realistically expect to win would be 20k playing $5 vp (which I only play once my sobriety is no longer in question). I fully expect this to happen in 3 weeks at Caesars, let's hope I'm smart enough to take my winnings as check so I come home with some!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no debt, so I've never thought about in those terms. I would love to hit $1,199 10 times in a trip, maybe even 20 times on a trip.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That one! :thumbsup: Maybe 30 times. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I can get lucky and win 100K I'd be happy. I'd go back home, file for retirement, pay off my mortgage, and still have 15K left over to use in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fun goal is to arrive in Vegas and on the first day win the exact amount of the gambling BR I brought along and never have to touch my BR for the rest of the trip - that, for me, is a winning trip :woohoo:

9. PTC Larry

PTC Larry Off We Go

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6-8-10,000 over the amount I brought with me would make for a fun trip. I have done this a few times and look forward to going back and do it again.

10. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I see it, if I budget about $1K/day and come home with $1K...that's a good trip. It's always better to leave with more than I bring. The only big/Fantasy win I'll ever get would be on the lottery. They didn't build those resorts in the desert for altruistic reasons and someone has to contribute to the revenue stream....soooooo....I'll just continue to do my part.

• Like Like x 1
  11. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had alot of $1k to $2k wins as a red chipper and one $5k session so a $10k+ win would be a new threshold of fun for me.

Wouldn't change my life in the slightest but it sure would amp up the trip.

12. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have zero debt so that's a positive. 10K would be a great win for me 5k to splurge and 5K for the next trip

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

I guess the larger matter is at what point does long-term debt that should be paid down get attention before Vegas (or other) trips?

14. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My debt is all at zero percent interest. I'm a sucker for big purchases on those free financing deals. I'd rather it be all paid off, but Vegas is more important! I have my priorities in order.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we had debt, there is no question, there would be no trip anywhere. We have always lived by the old adage: Pay yourself first!

16. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats exactly what I hope for. Come back with a 1000 to br into next trip. Somehow i always come back with what I brought.

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your original criteria it would be 150K.
    After taxes that essentially is about $90K.
    This would pay off the house leaving about $20K.
    15K gets split for 2 future trips.
    The 5K would be to buy something slightly extravagant.
    Not that I really thought about it. :thumbsup:

18. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your initial post made it sound like your debt concerns you. Hence my comment. It had nothing to do with Vegas or travel per se, nothing to do with personal finances per se. I'm not trying to read minds or presume, I just go by words. For me "rather" has a certain connotation.

As to the opening query, we don't really have that mindset heading to Vegas. I mean, sure, everyone has dreams and imagination. Guess we don't see BMWs or paying something off, we see games we play for entertainment. Now if we had some windfall -- which would be piddly given how we now gamble but let's pretend is at least somewhat significant -- I guess we'd divvy it up between our investment and fun accounts. I mean, hell, I'd love a new Ridgeline when it comes out, but mine is only 10 years old with 95k on it so it's barely broken in!

19. Kingbarkus

Kingbarkus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've made a decision to go to a Chase bank branch and deposit winnings of a large nature. That will keep me from blowing it back into the machines. I once pulled in 17k from one machine at PHo one afternoon and kept it in the safe, but that dinero calls your name the rest of your trip.

20. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a bankroll of $4500 last trip in October last year and after two nice wins (2500 and 1200 with no tax as I'm a Brit) came home with $4370 which is sat waiting for me to come back this year at Halloween! That's a win, especially with current exchange rates!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.