1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Giordano's Is Coming To The Strip!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by leo21, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hells yeah!

3. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last couple of times eating there have not been so good. Used to be the best in Chicago(20 years ago)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, they are expanding all over the place, opening their 2nd store here in Minneapolis soon

I think I prefer Lou Malnati's better, however :ssst:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, Chicago area folk. I read a poster a while back saying deep-dish, Chicago pizza is really more a tourist thing and most Chicago people still go with a traditional style pizza. Which s it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. KR_5150

KR_5150 Toss the dice, bring the cannolli!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up in Northwest IN and my wife is a Chicago girl, my take is it's a bit of both. We eat the deep dish sometimes when the kids aren't with us (45 minute wait) but we also eat the regular crust all the time. I think deep dish being a Chicago Experience is more of a tourist thing, we eat deep dish but not exclusively.

8. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a current NW IN resident, and someone who grew up in the city, I agree. My guess would be that I average 1 deep dish for every 6 or 7 regular pizzas I eat. I perfer a deep dish, however the cooking wait is usually the deciding factor.

That being said, when I lived in Chicago, and had a Lou's right down the street, the ratio was more like 1 deep dish for every 2 regular pizzas. Lou's is just that good and worth the wait.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Giordano's is my fave in Chicago! Glad it's coming to LV. I think it will be a hit!

Last time I did Malnati's it did not agree with me later that night. :(

I also love Gino's East. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pequods > All others

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it is a tourist thing. When I am downtown playing tourist or hosting out of towners, it's what we used to eat. I probably order a deep dish pizza every couple years. But, for that pizza delivery every couple weeks, it's thin. But Chicago thin crust pizza is completely different than NY so it's not what other folks consider traditional. Giordano's has a great thin crust pizza. Midwest pizza as a whole is much more complex than people realize and I am glad people have a chance to try more of it.

12. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I like Giordano's stuffed, but I've never been a fan of their thin crust. I would've been more excited years ago before Vegas had good Chicago style pizza options, but I'll still check it out when it opens. Like others, when I lived in Chicago, we'd mostly order thin crust. Stuffed was usually a special treat, only a few times a year. I was never a big fan of deep dish until Windy City opened in Vegas.

13. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used to love Pequods when I lived in the city. Second only to Lou's IMO, as far as deep dish goes (I'm more of a thin crust guy though).

14. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4th generation Chicagoan. Giordano's is a decent chain pizza. Aurelio's is decent as well, but had it at a Las Vegas location and it was God-awful.

I prefer Chicago style thin (thicker crust than NY style, with fuller cheese and toppings, to stuffed pizza (or pan pizza), and prefer a local joint to the large chains. Uno is my favorite downtown chain. Piece in Wicker Park has awesome pizza and craft beer. Had Pequods, OK but overhyped, IMO. Tony and Lill's my all time favorite, but they retired after nearly 40 years in the business. Home Run Inn is my favorite neighborhood chain.

From bakers and others I spoke with, it's hard to replicate the dough due to the water and lack of humidity in the desert. Some Vegas restaurants ship their bread in.I hope Giordano's is able to bring the quality to Vegas.

I typically do not seek out pizza outside of Chicago, but I can recommend Pizza Rock as my favorite Vegas pizza. Metro pizza is decent.

Happy eating!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.