1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello To Everyone here at VMB

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by VPguy, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VPguy

VPguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to Las Vegas since 1996 and have seen a lot of changes. Some of these changes have been good some not so good but LV is still my favorite place in the world and I can't wait to visit again and again.
    A typical trip for me would consist of 6 or more hours of VP play mostly at the bar tops, seeing at least one show, eating mostly at coffee shops or buffets and one "big" dinner at a steakhouse. I use to stay up until 4am and then be back up around 10 or 11. Now I go to bed by midnight and have my first coffee at a bar top machine by 6am or earlier.
    I use to stay only on the strip and have stayed at MB-Luxor-Excal- NyNy- MC- Aria- TI and Venetian. However for the past 7 years or so I have been staying off strip at one of the local places. I find these places suit my fancy much better these days with solid good food options, nice big rooms, cheaper prices, better customer service for the most part and much more VP machines in which to choose from. I have stayed at GVR- SP- Orleans- M- GC- Palace Station and the RIO. I tend to stay at the places that offer me the best room offers and lately that has been Orleans Gold Coast and Palace Station. Sometimes I break a trip up staying at one of the MGM places for a few nights and the rest at one of the local places.
    My gambling career started as a BJ and Craps player but then I started playing VP and now almost all of my play is on the VP machines. In better times I played dollar VP but the past few years I have been stuck mostly at 25c as my bankroll shrunk along with my personal income as I]m sure many of you here have experienced. However I have had winning trips the past 4 trips in a row and now my bankroll is back to being able to play at the dollar level again which I plan on doing my next trip out.
    I also enjoy playing in VP and slot tournaments and in fact won a VP tournament at the GC back in 2013. I have since finished in the top 10 of 3 other tournaments and cashed in 5 others. My VP game of choice is DDB but I have been playing a little BPD and TDBP the past few trips.
    I hope that I can sometimes add some helpful comments on this board in the future and look forward to reading everyone's comments and suggestions etc., that make this board one of the best Vegas Boards around. Viva Las Vegas everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  2. keno1958

keno1958 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Acekicker, I also enjoy staying off strip. GC mostly and love the smell of bread baking from the Subway shop.

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome acekicker. Love slot tournaments and learning to love VP thanks to all the great VP contributors here - looking forward to hearing from another pro about some of the local and off strip places.

4. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome acekicker!
    Very nice introduction story. Hope to hear more of you.

5. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave:hi from central CA, go SOONERS! :beer:

6. Seven

Seven Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! Just moved to Ardmore two days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome acekicker! I love playing some VP as well!

8. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB !

9. VPguy

VPguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the hello. Hope I can offer some useful advice in the future. I'm in the process of trying to get ready for a trip in June.

10. sinkster

sinkster "It's called a satchel"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB Acekicker! Enjoyed your intro.

11. Will

Will Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi.....brand new to the forum. I'm in Tennessee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.