1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Suggestions For Upcoming Trip...

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I are at a loss, we normally do 1-2 shows each time we come out, but right now nothing is standing out as a real attraction. Our home base (V/P) is currently without much to speak of show-wise, and we've seen most of the "must see" ones. So we're looking for a couple shows to put into our schedule or at least keep in mind when we walk by the T4T booths. I know asking this question is casting a pretty wide net, what I can tell you about our tastes is that we really enjoyed Raiding the Rock Vault, and we've been luke-warm on Cirque shows (loved MJ One, liked Zarkana, was bored to death by La Reve). Loved Penn and Teller.

Here are a few we're considering, any thoughts/feedback welcomed:

(1) Tournament @ Excal - we're both nerds and we have the points in MyVegas to see this free (about the only interesting reward we haven't used), so thinking about seeing it. Concerned its going to be over the top and silly though.

(2) Legends in Concert - sounds like RtRV a bit, only not sure how I feel about imitators v. covers.

Any other suggestions? I know its not much to go on.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't seen the revamped Human Nature show, do so. Pretty different from their Motown show. Ditto the revised Love across the street.

3. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you liked Penn and Teller you might enjoy Mat Franco at the Linq.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went years ago, I wouldn't call it silly, but they did put a lot of effort in to getting the crowd to cheer.
    We are crazy about Love at Mirage (yet we aren't big Beatle's fans).
    I see many good comments on here about Carrot Top.
    Mac King comedy/magic show at Harrah's is good (afternoon show).

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is very funny, I was surprised how much I laughed. Sure he's not for everyone but no comedian is. The Mac King show is a mix of comedy and magic. The guy has been around forever, it's a decent family oriented afternoon show. You can get tix for $14.95 by getting a voucher at the Total Rewards booth at Harrah's (you don't have to be a TR member). Ours included a free drink so it was a pretty good deal. I don't know if the drink is included anymore. Absinthe is probably my favorite show but it's not vfor everyone (easily offended and/or politically correct stay away).

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jersey Boys is excellent. Carrot Top is hilarious and although I haven't seen it, I hear Absinthe is excellent too as long as you're not easily offended.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mac King is now $9.95 and that includes a free drink.

Absinthe is the best show I've seen in Vegas. Very raunchy and totally not politically correct. Everyone is a potential target :)

8. ron_ron

ron_ron Low-Roller

Mat Franco at the Linq was amazing - we were seated very close to the stage and were able to watch the magic tricks very closely - I still wonder how he pulled them off - awesome and amazing!!

9. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe and Ka are my must-sees. Ka actually tells a story unlike other Cirque shows and the theater and stage alone make it worthwhile.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to LOVE every time we are in Vegas. Maybe 8-10 times?

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My tastes seem much like yours and I really enjoy Carrot Top (originally didn't think I would but have gone multiple times now), Human Nature and Absinthe. Matt Goss at Caesars, Gordie Brown and the MJ impersonator who was at Rio, now Strat I believe, are also enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.