1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Places To Eat And Drink Near The Venetian

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Scotlad30, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotlad30

Scotlad30 Tourist

Hi all

Myself and my partner will be visiting Vegas in just over 5 weeks time. We have never been before and are in the process of trying to get organised and plan everything!!!

We will be staying in the Venetian for 10 nights and were wondering if anyone could recommend some nice places to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner that are close to the hotel for convenience when we maybe don't want to venture too far? Does anyone have any particular favorites? Other suggestions for places further up and down the strip would be good too for when we want to venture.

We also enjoy a cocktail now and again, so any suggestions of places for this would be great :beer:

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kinds of food are you looking for and do you have a budget amount in mind? You can spend $$$, especially for dinner in Vegas. And you can eat for cheap. It would help if you gave a bit more info on what you are specifically you are looking for.

It's not nice or spectacular, but I think you have to eat at least once at Grand Lux in Venetian - http://locations.grandluxcafe.com/NV/Las-Vegas/1/

They even have a take out menu (http://www.grandluxcafe.com/Assets/PDF/GLC_LV_VEN_0516_Takeout.pdf) and you can pick up at the bakery window there if you just want to bring a sandwich or breakfast back to the room.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scotlad30

Scotlad30 Tourist

I suppose we are looking for cheaper places but also more expensive ones for when we want to treat ourselves. It will be my partners 30th birthday while we are there so would like to go for a special meal somewhere and would be willing to pay more than we usually would. Pasta type dishes are always good and I could quite easily eat steak every night for dinner ha ha. We will pretty much eat anything apart from fish.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll echo Sonya's request for more info. But, some of my favorites in the Venetian/Palazzo complex are:

Carvevino and CUT for steak (Carnevino also doubles as an Italian joint)
    Grimaldi's for pizza
    Bouchon for French bistro (great for dinner and breakfast)
    Bouchon Bakery for pastries
    Espressamente Illy has some tasty gelato
    Grand Luxe is a good "all-purpose" place

My guess is that you could never leave the Venetian/Palazzo durning your entire stay and not have to eat at the same restaurant twice. Add in the half dozen other properties that are a <10 minute stroll away, and you'll have plenty of options nearby. So, some preferences and/or price point would help you get better answers.

For cocktails, my favorites in the neighborhood are next door at Wynn. Parasol Up or Parasol Down. Good cocktails, great service, beautiful areas...but not the best for the budget-minded.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tibs

Tibs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bouchon most certainly.

6. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are so many great restaurants in the complex I usually don't leave unless I am meeting friends, although with a ten night stay you surely will! Many of my favorites have already been mentioned. but deserve to be repeated. Grimaldi's Pizza is inexpensive and delicious and the Grand Lux has such a varied and good menu that we usually eat there more than once in a trip.

Some other favorites:

Morel's breakfast on the patio if the weather is nice. Personally I like it as well as Bouchon, which is excellent..
    Table 10 has a wonderful Prix Fixe dinner. The gumbo and the banana cream pie are outstanding.
    Having a meal in St Mark's Square is always a pleasure and there are several decent choices there.
    Lunch at Delmonico is very good & a bargain compared to dinner!

Others may disagree, but I would avoid B&B Burgers. We were very disappointed and since then I have spoken to others who had the same experience.

These are all in the V/P resort, but you also have some amazing dining next door at Wynn. La Cave is my very favorite over there.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Within a 10-15 minute walk, you will find at least 150 restaurants. From the $ McDonalds up to $$$$$.

I did notice you were staying at one place for 10 days. Have you thought about changing it up a little for variety?

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morels
    Bouchon
    Grand Lux

No need to leave the property for breakfast at all. Between those three you are set for weeks.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at V/P:
    Definitely Bouchon for breakfast Brunch or Dinner
    Grand Lux Cafe
    Table 10
    Grimaldi's for pizza

For pasta nearby:
    Canaletto @ V/P
    Trattoria Reggiano @ V/P
    Portofino - Across the street at Mirage

Venetian Palazzo is a great choice to stay - be sure to explore all the restaurants and shops in the Grand Canal Shoppes, Palazzo upper level, and restaurant row between Venetian and Palazzo. Hope you have a great stay and let us know all about your stay!

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  10. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try LAVO at Palazzo for weekend brunch. They have a bottomless Mimosa deal. The two things you must try are Lobster Eggs Benedict ($38) and Mac'n'Cheese Truffle with Fried Egg ($15). The mac'n'cheese sounds weird but is unbelievably delish. You can eat outdoors or indoors. I would also recommend TAO at Venetian for the small plates - we ended up getting lots of little dishes and everything was fantastic. We still talk about how good it was!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tao is a great spot for food and people watching - especially on a weekend night

12. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grimaldi's and Grand Lux are both great, I definitely recommend. I would also recommend pastrami sandwich at Carnegie Deli, Mirage, which is just across the street.

The complimentary sourdough bread and butter at the Grand Lux is enough reason to go try it. Let alone the extensive, tasty and well-priced menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.