1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Air rage triggered by walking through first class??? per CNN

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coach is unequal. Flying is a class system. I think air rage (in most circumstances) is triggered by idiots that can't control themselves rather than "first class envy".

Nick:beer:

3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thoughts exactly -- When I have to walk through first class - I want to say "You paid too damn much for those seats" -- not envious in the least. -- Ok I would fly first class if someone else was buying.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe adults should just act like adults.

If walking though first-class pisses you off, then book first class. When the waitress in the sky announces that the First Class pissers are for First Class only, don't come forward to possibly incite the wrath of a possibly over-served prima donna in 1B. If you're that over-served prima donna in 1B, this is America, you're not superior, you simply have more money, so get over yourself; we don't have hereditary nobility for a reason.

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truth there. Even reputedly egalitarian SWA is all about castes.

6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

First class to Vegas is usually about double the price of a standard fare ticket (on American at least). For this I get: free checked baggage, priority boarding, access to the lounge, priority check-in, free drinks, better service, a private bathroom, leather seating, more legroom, power outlets, and double or 1.5x the mileage accrual. Personally, first class is worth it -- if you book early enough.

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone that only flies first class I will say I won't even look at the peasants going to cargo class as it is beneath me.

8. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was funny.

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't they be made to board from the rear, too?!? lol

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

"It's good to be the King."
    Only ever flew first class -- ONCE -
    coming back from Vegas -
    Wilford Brimley ( look alike ) airline check-in clerk -
    took one look at me -- all disheveled, clothes falling out of my bag, 6 nites of no sleep --
    he laughed at me, made a comment at my expense, I just grinned ---
    he bumped me to first class !!!!!
    Glad I just grinned + didn't take exception to his comment !

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, time dollars results. Nice Honda or nice Porsche? Select beef or Prime beef? Groth or Two-Buck Chuck? Something for everyone and everyone for something.

We tagged Terri on FC both ways during our upcoming Hawaii excursion. I have it coming back but going over separate and at the time of booking I didn't like the combo of cost/miles. I'm good at least half the time upgrading at check in for the cost of my now-free checked baggage. An absolute no-brainer.

12. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew business class to Dubai out of JFK (yeah, I was definitely NOT the one footing that bill!), and first and business classes actually boarded out of the lounge. So we literally did not see the coach "peons" until we got to UAE customs. That's the way it should be! LOL

13. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any of y'all fly Southwest?

I always use the 'Wanna get away' fare and spring for the 'Early Bird'. I just like have a wee bit of choice. Now I will say, there are times when I'll pay extra to fly first class, just for the ability to stretch out and get comfortable. I learned a long, long time ago that the front end of the airplane gets there the same time as the back of the plane does, and as such would prefer to spend as little money as possible on The Flying Bus.

Air rage? I'm not sure we're not grasping at straws at attributing boorish behavior to having to walk through the first class section. While I do agree that those not seated in first class should, out of respect, avert their eyes as they dance the anyone-sitting-here-shuffle in passing through to cattle class, perhaps making them board from the rear of the plane might not be such a bad idea. I mean, let's be honest here, you don't know where they've been. Hey...isn't there some extra room in the cargo section? :wink2:

14. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That episode is a total scream!

LOL, two classic lines:

"It has to do with the way they kill the pig."

and ...

"JFK .. JFK .. HONOLULU!" :)

16. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booze and a pressurized environment. add in boredom and its bound to happen.

the common thing in all of these cases is the booze.

17. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or assholes.

Nick:beer:

18. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew first class a couple of times for work. I remember thinking about the people who were going back to the coach section, "Hurry-up and get back there so we can close the curtains." Little did they know that I was one of them, maybe even beneath them.

19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew business class to Japan and Korean on Korean Air a couple of years ago. Very nice, got to stay in their lounge to relax before the flight, had some snacks and breakfast before the flight, then someone came to me when it was time for me to board and I got to board before the masses. I was settled and with my drink and magazine/newspaper before coach boarded. I even got a fancy menu and ordered my meal before the plane took off. Chair fully reclined (lay flat seats) so I got to sleep probably 5 or 6 full hours. They also gave me a free kit containing shaving stuff, toothbrush and toothpaste, comb and brush, slippers, blinders so I could sleep in the dark and some other stuff. Gotta love it, especially for an 11 hour flight. Also love the service you get from an international airlines, so different than from domestic airlines who don't really care about you.

I was lucky, my mom gave me her miles that expired (she went into a care home and didn't plan to fly in the near future so I paid to reactivate her miles - $50 and used it for an international flight - sweet) so I used it to fly business class.

Not sure but Hawaiian air at least has a curtain between coach and 1st class to separate the masses from the elite and they announce early that the 1st class bathrooms are only for 1st class passengers. The only time I used the 1st class bathrooms was because a couple of the coach bathrooms were out and I was near the front of the plane.

Btw, may airlines have separate boarding doors for 1st and business class and coach class. Korean air did also. That way I never really got to see the coach passengers boarding and was pretty much shielded from the "masses". Most of the time I am part of the masses so it was pleasant to be part of the "elite" for once.

20. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew 15 hours to Taipei in business class. Oh, it's real nice. Flying to Italy in coach in a few weeks. Not looking forward to it. It will be a long 8 hours. Hoping to get a free upgrade to Economy Plus. I have 250,000 miles but I'm not blowing them all on an upgrade to business class. I can fly to Vegas for free about 5 times with those miles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.