1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grazie Gold - how long between visits?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by eloisegirl, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My travel friend and I were in LV in October 2015 - stayed at the Encore for two nights as guests of friends, and based on our previous May 2015 play we had a comped room at Palazzo so our third night was at Palazzo. We are going to Venetian in 3 weeks on friend's offer, 3 nights and some FP, and the host combined my offer as well so I get FP too. We also get some credits for Canyon Ranch Spa but probably won't use it. Relaxing? Nah, we have shopping and gambling to do!!!!

We discovered the Gold lounge at Venetian last October and were happy about that. My question is: how long do you stay Gold? Does it last for six months, a year? I noticed that there is a Gold shuttle for Venetian/Palazzo guests, and I have my Gold card but am worried that I show up and they will say, Sorry, you aren't Gold anymore.

We're looking forward to brunch at Lavo, those wicked Lobster Eggs Bennie and Truffle Mac'n'Cheese - some shopping at Fashion Show Mall and a ton of gambling. Alcohol may be consumed. I have MyVegas 2 for 1 Bellagio dinner buffet and MyVegas Bellagio art gallery (for me; pal will probably be gambling).

TIA, Eloisegirl.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold membership renews on January 1.

From the Grazie brochure:

15. Gold Level: 20,000 Status Points must be earned in a calendar year period to qualify.
    Status level will expire at the end of the following calendar year.

You have it for the year you earn it plus the following calendar year.

3. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So although that sounds at first like being Gold ends on January 1st, does it mean that since I earned gold in 2015, I will still be gold in 2016? I did look up the Grazie site but it wasn't that clear. Wish they would give an example, like a math textbook would! LOL

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be aware that the Gold Lounge is no more. You still have the status, but some of the perks have gone away.

5. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if you earned Gold in 2015, you are Gold for 2016, and have all the advantages of Gold until December 31, 2016. Note that although you are Gold, you begin 2016 with 0 Grazie points and will have to earn 20,000 in 2016 to keep Gold for 2017. Since you earn so much faster as Gold than Grazie, its worth keeping Gold status. You can do it in a day or two if you're giving even moderate play.

@ardee - I didn't realize they got rid of the Gold Lounge? Is it under construction or discontinued? When we were there in February it was still there and in working order. Although I must admit, the Gold Lounge is a perk we used infrequently ourselves.

6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if you earned Gold in 2015, you have until December 31, 2016 to renew It.

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lounge is still there. It's just that they cut back on all the things that made it a nice perk.

8. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's really there anymore, at least not based on Grazie status. It's been relabeled as a high-limit slots player lounge

9. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After looking into it a bit more (on another thread and also emailing my host) I learned it is indeed gone. The space is still there but as Irishdave stated it has been rebranded as a high-limit slot lounge. It was a feature we seldom used, but I am still sad to see the option go.

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, this makes me reconsider V/P as my "backup" property.

I don't really feel like playing at the level to make Platinum.

We'll see after Q2 when I renew my 7*.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just about any loyalty club will give you membership for the rest of the CURRENT year and then all the following year. So, when someone says Jan 1st, it does not matter if you earn in in Jan, or Feb or Dec 31st. You get it for the rest of the current year and all of the following FULL year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.