1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond or MGM Platinum?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by irishdave, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I focus my play the rest of the year, I can make one of the above, but not both. I'm leaning towards playing at MGM properties, but just wondered what the board thought of the relative merits of each.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest focusing your play at whichever chain you prefer to stay and play at

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, last trip in Oct '15 I put in the most play ever for a trip strictly at MGM and no-played CET. It was 99% VP but the offers coming my way now are worse then what I was getting with MGM before. CET is still offering my free rooms at lower end (Flamingo and such) and that was after a no-play trip. I might just go back to CET and play where ever but include some CET play.

darkside betting

4. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have a real strong preference between the two, so I was kinda looking at the comp value. I have a feeling that's pretty much a wash too

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. CET Platinum is far easier to make than mLife Platinum level.

I was mLife Platinum Until I realized that:

1)Noir was "invitation only" and I determined that it would take 1M to even be considered (While 7* still takes a bit of play, at least it's readily attainable)
    2)I was only getting comp offers from the propertied that I played at (CET doesn't limit you to certain properties)
    3)mLife didn't like me taking markers from Mirage and using them at Aria (CET doesn't "care" as long as I use the marker at a CET property)
    4)The premiums for Platinum were "vague" at best, and there is not a published list of them anywhere
    5)I consider the comps that I am getting at CET far superior to what I was getting from mLife

I still play at Mirage, only because they have a silver strike machine, but the real test will be maintaining Gold level to get free parking.

I

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily say a wash, but neither offers a lot. Still, with CET, you get access to diamond lounges. So that is one advantage it has from a comp perspective.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fully agree with DaiLun.
    Diamond is much easier to reach and has more benefits.
    MLife Platinum has almost no extra value over Gold except a ticket to Mirage secret garden or Mandalay Bay Shark Reef etc. which is just $10-$20 if you pay yourself.
    Diamond gives you show tickets which have much more market value.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET Diamond gets you lounge access, a $100 dinner voucher and no resort fees.

MLife Platinum gets you $0.001 more each in Express Comps and PointPlay per $3 coin in (compared to Gold).

9. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are also the Diamond/7* check in area which is much nicer and less congested. Diamond is a relatively easy level to achieve anymore and very much worth it.............Rick

10. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the inputs everyone, some good points to consider.

11. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Cosmos Identity is the only other program I'd consider over CET. However, I like the breadth of options that CET provides (i.e. I can gamble in AC, Vegas, etc) which is why I stick with them vs putting all my play in Identity.

Beyond benefits, I kinda prefer the less high-brow properties in Vegas. This is my personal experience here, but I just have more fun at mid-level properties (pH, Ballys, Linq) than I do at places like Aria, Bellagio, Wynn, V/P. Don't get me wrong, I love the high-end properties, but it just feels like everyone I met there has a guard up.

Lol, hopefully I'm not wildly off tangent here -- a couple of Macallan 18 year will do that to you, I suppose

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.