1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta comfort+ experiences?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 63hearts, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have insight on delta comfort+ ?

Seems like priority boarding, extralegal room and complimentary drinks, there's an upgrade available to me for what seems very good deal from Minneapolis to LAS, how lose are they with the drinks? Could I get 3-4 on the three hour flight? Did u find it was worth it or did you feel "sub first class"?

Thanks

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting questions... i'm riding the same class in Aug from MSP to LAS and have never flown comfort+ before either

in for answers as well!

3. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even 3-4 drinks doesn't add up to the cost of the upgrade, unless the priority boarding and extra legroom are of extra value to you, which they may as well be. For me, it's usually $99 from NY. I don't check a bag and rarely have more than 2 drinks if any at all some trips. Already paid over $500 so, for me, it doesn't add up. I don't find my delta flights to be as cramped for seating as United/continental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just clarify, the seats are the same as coach in width, etc. There are a few more inches for legroom.

For more details, flyertalk.com is always a good source.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not first class... but you do get early boarding, guaranteed bin space (as long as your carry-on is a legitimate carry-on), extra legroom, in flight drinks, premium snacks (better than peanuts or pretzels, but nothing mind-blowing), and you also get access to free movies and tv shows through Delta studio. (You can use your own device to view the movies, in the event there isn't an in-flight entertainment center in the headrest in front of you.) There are usually several newer movies available and the flight from MSP-LAS is perfect to fit a movie in. You just have to enter your name and seat number and it will be free. Plus, you are one of the first few off instead of being the 160th person off, sitting at the back of a hot airplane at the gate in Vegas, waiting for everyone else to deplane.

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't a cost issue for me personally, my ticket is a SkyMiles freebie and a buddy had already booked a comfort+ seat so I did the same.

Thx for the info!

7. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is definitely "sub first class". First class is 2 sets per side. Delta comfort is 3. Some planes they do walk around with the snack basket, but I have been on some flights that didn't. You can probably get that many drinks, as long as you can get the service for it. First class usually has their own dedicated flight attendant(s) and restroom. Some flight attendants are strict about not letting people who aren't in first come up to use their restrooms.

If there is a screen in front of you on your flight, you get free movies. There is an icon on your flight information, with one person and a screen, several people to one screen, or nothing. Many planes don't have the individual screen.

8. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is incorrect, my flight is on an MD-80 and has the 2x3 configuration, even in comfort+

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, some planes are 2x3. Others are 3x3. Whatever the rest of coach is configured, the comfort will be exactly the same (with the extra legroom)

by the way, if two people are traveling, the "2" side is almost as good as first in my mind... just no free drinks. I can deal with that.

10. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, this is incorrect. There are several different configurations depending on the plane. My last 4 flights to Vegas out of MSP were on MD-90s which is 2/3 in comfort plus (or 3/2 on an 88)

Also, there will either be an in-flight entertainment center for each person or there will be none.

11. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't regret the comfort seat----don't be bashful, just walk up to the galley and ask for another drink if they aren't coming around--I've never been turned down----

Just a getaway! On the Gulf Coast—
  12. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did comfort+ from atl to Vegas in February. I thought it was worth it. I enjoyed 2 movies and drinks over the 4 hour flight which helped pass the time.

13. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been watching this fluctuate and today it was under 18 bucks for both legs 90m and 185m flights, I'm going to make sure this is positive ev by way of bourbon and coke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.