1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Comps Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sfgiants13, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been doing a bunch of reading and I'm seeing conflicting answers on how CET comps are calculated. A while back, I had great comps (mostly due to others playing on my card since they didn't have one) at Caesars and could get Octavius comped any 5 nights and usually up to $200 free play and another $200 food credit. About a year ago I had some very low play trips and it hurt me and right now I can't even get Friday or Saturday comped at any hotel. Most of my offers are 3 nights and a slot tournament or $25 food credit and the lower properties such as Flamingo. I can occasionally get a Palace room comped at Caesars midweek with no offer attached.

The last 2 trips I've averaged around 1k-1.5k tier credits per day spread out through a few properties (mostly at the Linq and Flamingo because I like playing there). Most was earned through max bet penny slots with some earned from donking around at .25/.50 single play video poker. I'm trying to get my comps back to where my offers include at a minimum rooms such as the Jubilee at Ballys, Go at Flamingo, etc. Eventually I'll try to get my ADT high enough for Caesars again.

My question is am I hurting my offers by bouncing around so much? I have 1 night at Caesars on Sunday but will be in Saturday night as well so I'm going to try to get a minimum 1k each night again. Since 1k is about 5k coin in (give or take depending on how much video poker is included), my ADT should be around $500 if my average slot payout is 90%. 30% back in comps is about $150 which I figured should be enough for at least some decent rooms. Since I'm staying at Caesars and hope to get my offers back there at some point, am I better off just playing there most of the time? If I play say 90% there and 10% at another CET property would low play at another hurt my future offers?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, 1K TC per day will barely cover a Laurel Collection (Augustus or Octavius Tower) room. At CET, AFAIK, it is the aggregate total across all CET properties. Playing at multiple properties curing a gambling day neither helps, nor hurts you.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could ask TimSpeed about the value CET assigns to rooms at various properties, but I can assure you that Caesars is valued higher than $150 (even though the rate to rent on the website may be lower). Based on your level of play you are probably looking at Harrahs, Linq Flamingo Ballys and Rio Comps, Paris Mid week.

It will help if you continue to gamble at CET while staying at other properties, But as DaiLun stated, you can play at any CET property and your play will be combined as one.

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host tells me that the comp value for a room in the Augustus tower is $120.00. I don't know if that's because I'm 7* or not, but that's what he charged me cash value (plus tax and resort fee) for two addl. rooms that I took in January. So, I guess that was over $160.00.

5. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the comp value change based on day of the week?

6. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. All I really want is the room. The go rooms at Flamingo and Jubilee are usually fine, but I prefer the rooms at Caesars. I don't really need anything on top of it but it's always nice when I get something extra.

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmmmmm. I only got the extra rooms for Sunday and Monday. I have never "not made" my room comp, but I typically only stay there Sun-Thursday. I'll ask my host.

8. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are only looking at your actual "offers", or have you actually tried booking through the TR website? I never get more than 3 nights anywhere in my "offers". However, generally, if I book online, I almost always get 4 nights comped and 5th night reduced rate (not at Caesars, usually only Flamingo, Ballys, etc, but my point is that I never get "offers" at these places for more than 3 nights, but get them anyway upon booking).

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Comp value and availability and the magic wheel.

Since they get more people on the weekend, and the rates are higher, it may be more difficult to get a comped room then. If you log in and look at a full month, you might see days where there are no comps, or just discounted rooms.

The actual variance will depend on your level of play. If I login with my wife's TR, I see different comps/rates than mine. My theo/adt is higher and I get more comp nights. If you are 7*, you probably have a higher adt and might only see comp nights.

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As valleyman said, look at the Availability Calendars first, Depends on the allocation of your coin-in between slots and VP, but $5k a day just on slots, if you are doing that for let's say 3-day trips, should probably get you 5 comp nights at any CET property except Caesars on the weekends, and $7.5k on slots will get you 5 nights at any CET property. And 2 trips at that level should easily have washed away your low play trip.

11. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book everything online. Last weekend, I didn't get to play as much as I wanted on the first and last days but played a ton on the middle day. I didn't end up using my comp offer for a room on the last night and ended up just crashing with some family. From what I've read that will help by only having a 3 day average instead of 4 if I used the room comp including checkout day. I earned about 750 tier credits on day 1, 2500 on day 2, and 500 on day 3. With bonuses I went from 8-9k or so TC to about 18k. It was split pretty even with VP/slots. I was going to play a lot more on day 3 but I was having a really good trip and was starting to put a lot of my winnings back so I called it quits before I put it all back. At that point the extra comps just didn't seem worth it if I put back everything I won. With an average tier of 1250 pier day hopefully that at least helps some previous low play trips.

edit: After this trip about how long would it be before my calendar online updates with different comps? I've read that the offers have a lag time of a couple of months but I'm not sure on room comps alone.

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you measure by Tier Credits, then it doesn't matter as much what the split between VP and slots was, 1,250 TCs a day is the equivalent of $6,250 coin in on slots (assuming you're not counting any of the daily bonus TCs).

I've always found the Availability Calendar to react pretty quickly. Especially seeing as last weekend was the end of the month, I'd expect the calendars to reflect the last trip by the end of next week. Stuff in My Offers can take longer, but CET has relatively frequent offer cycles, so I'd expect offers to start reflecting the last trip by sometime after the first week in June.

I don't know what this means:
    "I didn't end up using my comp offer for a room on the last night and ended up just crashing with some family"

Any nights you're booked in a room count in your ADT, whether you sleep in the room or not.

13. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I meant was that I had them cancel the room reservation completely.

Also the TCs were just base credits not any of the bonus. I racked up about 10k if you include those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.