1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Information from CET on the time period they use for comp offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went down to the GGWU even this past weekend and they gave me 84,000 GGWU points.

The next offer was for the June event but the offer was half. I had a hunch that this was all based on ADT and play, so I asked CET:

"I attended the GGWU event this past weekend and the base GGWU points were 84,000. I received a second offer for June and the amount was half, or 42,000. Are the amounts "event driven" or "ADT driven"? Thanks in advance."

Here's the reply:

Dear Michael,

It is my pleasure to assist you with your questions concerning the future Great Gift Wrap Up Boosters.

As you may know, the Great Gift Wrap Up Boosters usually happen every other month. Each month a new set of data is analyzed. Each month you must qualify for the event.

We are analyzing what is captured on your account back 12 months. There is so much that goes into all of our offers. There’s the planning, data gathering, researching, proofing, art work, executing, and mailing (just to name a few). Because so much is going into our offers they are planned way in advance so we are not analyzing recent play. Every month we are looking at a different set of months. The oldest month is dropped and a younger month is added.

The months analyzed for the April Great Gift Wrap Up Booster showed a higher level of play then the months analyzed for the June event. It is always possible that the months analyzed for the August Booster will again put you in the higher worth range. The coordinator won't know until they analyze the data for the event.

The more you attend of the Boosters the more bonus points you receive. That goes purely on the number of events you attend not on your worth

<name removed>, I hope this information was helpful.

Have a fabulous day!

Sincerely,
    <name removed>
    Relationship Marketing Nevada Properties

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is the date for the June GGWU point event??? We haven't heard much on any June events yet. Thanks, Rick

3. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All offers are based on either 6 month or 12 month MDV (Market Daily Value) with CET. "Market" would be the entire Las Vegas market, so all play you do in that time period at any of the Las Vegas CET properties.

I find the value of the GGWU booster events not to be worth it, though. Divide your GGWU offer points by 3 and that's approximately the RETAIL value (or at least it has been the last couple years). So, 84,000 GGWU points would have a retail value of around $280.

My GGWU booster offers are always for 84,000 points, but my free play offers range from $400 - $625, so I always book free play offers because it is a greater value.

Just another note about this years GGWU points. For the last couple years we've been getting one GGWU point for each tier point earned, INCLUDING bonus tier points. But this year, it appears that we're ONLY getting one point per BASE tier point earned (not on bonus tier), so that's also going to cut the value of even attending the GGWU this year. Last year I had around 180k tier and was able to get $500 in free play at the GGWU event. This year, without getting points on bonus tier the points will probably only be worth a couple hundred. Unless CET gives us those points later, they're not showing up now, so it appears to be another major cut in benefits/rewards from CET.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A minor correction:

From the promotion rules:

"29. Participants will earn approximately one Gift Point for every one Reward Credit accumulated during the Promotional Period. For example: If a Participant earns five Reward Credits, they will earn five Gift Points."

GGWU points are based on RCs, not TCs.

I look at the points as 30,000/$100 and I make that calculation by the cost of a $100 Shell gift card. I use the GGWU event to do all of my Christmas shopping, and count it as a "year end rebate" for my play. I live close enough to LV that I can attend 4-5 GGWU events a year and get the additional "multiple-event" bonus.

With regard to the June event, the dates are JUNE 6 - 8 OR JUNE 10 - 12, 2016. The invitations came out on 4/14/2016. A reminder that the bonus events are "invite-only, and you need to make sure that "shopping" is checked in your marketing profile. It took quite a few months for my host and I to figure out why I wasn't getting any GGWU bonus offers.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  5. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are already booked 6/27-6/30 on last years Asp 2 so not seeing any June offers, that one we wouldn't make anyway. Our host will check to see what we have and go from there. Thanks Michael for the info...............Rick

6. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're saying the same thing. Yes, they are based on RC's -- the only RC's I get are the base tier credits I earn. I don't know if slot players still get bonus RC's, but video poker players do not. So, for me, base tier credits are the same as Reward Credits. No difference at all. I earn 1-1. (Whereas, years ago, you used to earn 3-5 bonus RC's for every base credit you earned.)

Your way of calculating value is the same as mine. I just used retail instead of the 30k for $100 GGWU points. It works out to be the same value -- 84,000 GGWU points = $280 in free play.

It's good you're getting what you think you deserve. I don't believe it's worth it for me to take one of those offers because there is not enough value based on what I would get for a free play offer. I, too, live close enough to Vegas that I COULD take every GGWU bonus offer they send me, but I will never take even one of them. It doesn't make sense to take a $280 offer when my freeplay offers are from $400-$625.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.