1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

OG vs Sapphire For Wife

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by mavrik55, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok VMBers (male and female alike) I need your help here.
    I've got the green light from the wife to hit up a strip club on our upcoming trip in July. She has left the planning part up to me. She has never been to one but has mentioned in the past that we should check one out sometime so what better time than in Vegas right?

Now we're both in our early 40's and after having been married for 18 years now, I think I've learned one or two things about her. If I ever want this to happen again, I'll have to ensure that we go to a nicer, more upscale club and not some typical sketchy, grimy place or this will be my first and last time with her.

I've narrowed it down to OG and Sapphire as we'd like to go to a place that has both and women. I'm sure we'll be spending the majority of our time on the female side but it will only help my cause if she has some eye candy too. What's good for the goose...right?
    We'll be going on a Friday night probably arriving around 9:00 after having dinner. We'll use the transportation provided to either one.

So let me have it. Tell me your thoughts, suggestions, tips, opinions etc that will help me ensure she has a good time and will want to do it again sometime.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure, does Sapphire have an area for the women (with male strippers)? In all the years I have been going to Sapphire (I last went last month) I have never seen an area for the women unless it was in one of those enclosed areas. Nor have I seen groups of women going into the club to see a male strip show.

OG does have an upstairs area for the women but beware as they don't have male strippers (or open the upstairs area) every night. Probably best to call to find out if they will be having male strippers (but Fridays are a good bet to have em). I have seen groups of women coming in later in the evening (probably after 10 or 11) to go see the male review but that was a number of years ago.

For your wife I would probably look at OG for her to see male strippers. But that is JMHO. Actually I think she may enjoy a show like Thunder down under better but most of us men wouldn't go see that kind of thing.

3. phr001

phr001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I copied and pasted this from a similar question last year. It still applies. Based on your criteria, I would pick Sapphire:

I recommend Sapphire if you are looking for a "Magic Mike" experience. They have shows Friday and Saturday nights on their separate "small stage." The shows can get a little slow and drag on, but your wife probably won't care. You can go over to the female stripper side later in the evening so that you both have a fun night.

OG also has quality men dancers, although it is more of a series of individual dancers instead of a coordinated effort. It will remind you of what you are used to with female performers. Guy A dances, gets tipped at the rail, and then tries to sell lap dances while guy B dances.

4. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks phr001 for that. That's good to know. Sounds like one point for Sapphire. .
    By chance have you been to both? Any comments on the style of each place? Does one have a more classy feel than the other? Nicer searing, decor etc.

Thanks

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sapphire is larger, and nicer. I hesitate to say it has better décor, because I don't think either place has very nice décor. If you are willing to shell out big bucks, you can get a skybox at Sapphire and it has nicer décor.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here are some links from Arnold Snyders site:

https://**********************/female-friendly-clubs/

https://**********************/tips-for-couples-going-to-a-strip-club-for-the-first-time-tonight/

https://**********************/i-took-my-wife-to-a-vegas-strip-club-and-lived-to-tell-about-it/

Tons of good stuff on that site. Tons.

My girlfriend and I always start at Little Darlings. No booze there though, but fully nude. We always have a blast there. Sapphire is huge, so many dancers there, especially on the weekends. Good time, I would pick Sapphire before OG.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have heard that OGS went downhill somewhat. So might give SAPPHIRE the nod.

8. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless I hit it big at the BJ tables, it will be the regular floor tables for us unfortunately

Thanks Vic. I've actually read all of those articles as I saw you mention them before.
    I'm also looking for first hand recent recent reports from fellow friendly VMBers.

Another one for Sapphire. Thanks.

I have read that OG underwent an ownership change recently so I was wondering if that meant any changes for the better. Thanks

9. phr001

phr001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mav----yes I have been to both and my wife and I liked OG. It just isn't as polished as Sapphire.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, Sapphires is a newer club and has a nicer interior and more of a "classy" feel with high ceilings to make the place look roomier. They also are HUGE compared to other clubs, as big as a warehouse (probably was a warehouse). I felt that OG lately has more of a "stanky" confined feel but you can't really see it since the lighting is so low.

As for the Sapphire Friday and Saturday night "Magic Mike" type shows, you should call to confirm whether that side will be open. I was there last month on a Friday and I didn't see any shows, nor women coming in to see that show. Of course I was on the side with the female strippers so maybe my eyes were too busy looking at other things, ha ha. Or possibly those shows are seasonal and get busier as the summer crowd start up (just like their pool, not open off season but opens before memorial day).

11. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Polished is what I'll have to go for in order to keep her happy.
    I have also read that the seating at OG is not as nice as Sapphire and that the tables are real close to one another at OG. Is this what u found?
    Thanks

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she wants the "classy" look then it pretty has to be Sapphire. There are many other nice clubs but Sapphire is probably the nicest overall. Their pool party opens this weekend I believe, maybe it was last weekend. I haven't read Arnolds site much lately. I usually start getting my updated strip club info from there about a month before our next trip :) We almost always go to Vegas just the 2 of us but this next trip there are 14, including my mom and son so I don't know how much strip club time we'll get :)

13. phr001

phr001 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mav....the tables/seating is pretty tight at both places. Sapphire's men's side has a stage on the far side of the room and a catwalk that extends from it, and OG really just has a catwalk in the middle of the room. Sapphire also has better lighting. OG's men's area will remind you of pretty much every men's club you have ever seen.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this is her first time she's obviously going for your sake but do you think she may actually enjoy it and have fun? If the dancers see the lady having fun and tipping they will give you lots of attention. Now that may not be what you want though :) We like to start off sitting at the rail, you get an unobstructed close up view and lots of attention. She tips more than I do and gets more attention than I do.

There are always stories of strip club customers who say they keep getting "harassed" by dancers for private/lap dances. I really don't find that to be the case at all. They are there to make money and a polite "no thanks" or "maybe later" will almost always send them on their way. Sometimes if it's slow at a club one will just grab a chair and sit with us and I'm fine with it. Sometimes we'll do a private dance, sometimes not. But when it's slow they just want someone to pass the time with until they are on stage again and they like sitting with couples.

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always visit strip clubs when I go to vegas. There have been some times where I was harassed by the strippers for lap dances but that isn't the norm. I would say about 3% of the time I would find a stripper who pushes for lap dances or VIP to the point of calling it "harassment". Like vic most of the girls are good and will take "no" for an answer.

There have been times where the girl takes it personal, once when I told a girl no she got mad and asked what was wrong with her. I just told her that she wasn't my type (I don't like pushy girls) but she still kept on complaining so I got up and went to the bathroom. Another girl called me racist because I didn't want a lap dance from her (she was black). Again told her it wasn't because she was black, I just don't like pushy girls. The best/worst was a girl, she said that she was in penthouse and I was stupid to not be spending lots of money on her. She acted like she was gods gift to men so even moreso I didn't want anything from her. Later I found out from another girl that the girl happened to be in some party photo in penthouse although she keeps giving the impression that she had a spread or picture in the magazine.

I usually avoid the night time crowds, instead going early to the club. The girls are friendlier and some will even sit and chat with you until it gets busier. When it is crowded there isn't much space to get "frisky" in the main club area.

That said, I rather have Sapphire over OG any day. I don't like the atmosphere at OG and I won't go there unless my friends want to try it out.

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, earlier, less crowded is preferable for me/us too. Yes the "A" girls are on weekends/after midnight but there are plenty of great looking ladies earlier in the night. But yes the hustle factor may be a bit larger during slower times as the ladies have less wallets to open for them.

17. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Thanks for all the quick replies and help. Great group we have here on VMB.

After the earlier reading I have done along with all of your advice, I've decided to that it will be Sapphire this time.
    Who knows with any luck, she'll like Sapphire so much that we'll have to try OG the next night. Lol

Now having decided on Sapphire, by all means feel free to post any advice, tips, secrets etc that you have that would help us have an even better time..

Thanks again. Mav

18. mavrik55

mavrik55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic,

I wouldn't quite say she's going for my sake. She's mentioned it a handful of times over the years, it's just never happened. This trip however we have set aside the time to ensure it does happen.

My wife is awesome. She loves to have a good time, socialize, drink etc. with no real jealous side.
    I do know however that if we walk into a place that makes a "seedy" or "sketchy" first impression, she won't be as willing to let herself go and have a good time. Hence the requests for suggestions from u guys.

Now that it's settled, I figure we'll be going to Sapphire around 9ish as we have no plans that day except for lounging at the pool and having dinner beforehand.
    I like the fact u mentioned that it will be less crowded around 9:00. Good way to ease into the night.
    Now I just have to hope the wallet will make it thru the nite

:beer:
    Mav

19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I find the hustle factor to be greater when it is busier. Because it is busier I find the girls want you to go to the VIP room with them since it is more "private". In fact at Rhinos some girls won't give lap dances outside in the main room, they come up to me and ask if I want to go to the VIP room with them. When I say no and mentioned they can give me a $20 lap dance they shrug their shoulders and say they only go to the VIP rooms to give dances. Their loss.

Guess that's one reason I like to go during the slow times, while there may be some hustlers I can also find some girls that aren't hustlers and are willing to sit and chat with you. As for the "A" girls, I find many of them to be hustlers, I would rather have an "A-" or "B" or "B+" girl over a hustling "A" girl any day.

I think it is great that we can discuss things like strip clubs on this board without anyone being judgmental.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mav, sounds like your wife is a keeper. She probably wants to see a vegas strip club for herself and to see how it is for the women who go to see male strippers.

Probably best to tip the waiter/attendants when you arrive to get a good seat. Also be forewarned that drink prices are expensive, probably in the $15 range and up. As for the wallet, (if you want your money to last longer) don't go to the VIP room as you will be spending $100 and up just for 14 minutes (3 songs). If your wife is with you then you will have just as much fun in the main room (getting a lap dance) as in the VIP room. She may want to sit with you just to see how you react when a girl gives you a lap dance. Or she may be turned on enough to give you a good time after you get back to your room. :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.