1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sema 2016, whos going, price went up

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by NewOrleansSlimm, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit Sema every year and while getting my registration in early today, I noticed that it jumped from $25 the last few years per person to $40 per person now, still going though

2. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully will be my first......sort of been a bucket list thing for me for quite a while. Close friend of mine introduced me to a buddy of his a few years ago and we are good friends now, he owns several NAPA stores so has an in. He doesn't go every year but this year is one he will attend so I am tagging along.

No idea of exact dates, hotel, or any of that info but certainly looking forward to it. Wish I had a car worthy of putting some of that great new aftermarket stuff on :rolleyes2:

3. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i hear ya on the worthy car thing, and its not hard to get in even if your not in the auto industry, ways around everything, lol

anyway for a first time prepare to be amazed and at the same time, walk till your legs fall off. it is a show beyond huge

4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes we got that too. We've been going for years and already have our flight and hotel booked. We will still go though. We enjoy everything about it and my hubs is always the happiest I ever see him when he walks into the SEMA Show so I go. How terrible that I am forced to go to Vegas.

Sema Show
  5. ab562

ab562 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What?! It's $40 per person now? After the mess they had last year with booth vehicles. I might just skip it this year, I see the same people I see every year and I only went two days out of the whole week.

6. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what happened with booth vehicles, i didnt see anything wrong...only things i noticed last year vs the year before that was they were checking badges at certain entrances and ford out front wasnt as wild as they usally get with the cars...

as for the prices

[​IMG]

7. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you tell me how you would get around the requirements? My fiance is a big car guy. Has a 73 Torino and a 66 F100 and is a manager at Advanced Auto, but thats not enough to get in because they are not a sponsor.

8. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they dont have to be a sponsor for him to get in, he can do it the correct way, all he has to do when registering as an "attendee" is , submit pictures of two current check stubs with his name and workplace on it and a picture of the business occupational license tax paper

he is in the auto industry and shouldnt have an issue with that...im in the auto collision industry so i have no issues but with some friends who are into cars but not in the auto industry, we just photoshop their names on my check stubs and submit with the OLT paper and they are approved right away...I know about 6 different bartenders who attend every year

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that 15 dollar increase a daily thing?

10. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the badge gets you in all 4 days including Friday night Ignite at the Linq.

Sema Show
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Sarah. I think I can afford that. lol I have friends who go every year, they try to get me to go every year, I should check it out, I'd say.

12. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went last year for the first time and loved it, already booked Sunday through Saturday at the Mirage in Nov :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.