1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

9 Days in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Dean Martin, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Wow... I have no idea how long it's going to take us to get back to normal but after another great Vegas vacation, I'm not sure I want to! :)

We've been pretty busy w/ work and the house (putting in a yard..ughhh) but I'll post the highlights. Mikey sent me his cell # and then I forgot to print it...duh! Tried to remember where he worked but all I could remember was a Station something. Thought I might see him somewhere since we were there 9 days but I'm sure he has found some good local places he likes to hang. Sorry dude... next time I guess we need to just set a time and place. We did that w/ LVLady and hubby and had a great time. They're great people.. had drinks watching the fountains at B and then dinner at the Cheescake Factory and then to a place off strip for some decent tables... damned if I can remember the name.... it was by a Bass Pro shop. Hmmmm... I obviously need more cocktails in my life. Mr. LVLady was the one that got me going on Pai Gow.

4 nights at Wynn ~ awesome rooms looking over the golf course and the mountians. After leaving Seattle 7 yrs ago for VA, I really miss seeing that. Beds were incredibly comfortable, service was vintage Wynn.. what more do you say. They did have a few PC glitches when it came to the Players Club stuff but it was no biggy. Lotsa great (but $$$$) places to eat but a reasonable menu at the pool cafe that "is" open for dinner. Very nice romantic setting for a cpl or small group looking over the pool. The "european" sunbathing pool was awsesome. 21 age limit. The Mrs. never cease to amaze me... that's all I can say cuz I'm sworn to secrecy. You know... it's the "what happens in Vegas, never happened". If you like VP, lotsa good machines, 9/6 JOB and 8/5 BP. Tables are a little high for me for starting out anyway. I like BJ, Roullete (when I'm a little liquored) and Pai Gow Poker and it was almost always $25 and higher.

3 nights at the Mirage ~ we usually always stay there and our slot host took care of us real well so even w/ all the stuff closed down and construction you couldn't beat it. Always luv to eat at the CPK... Jim at the bar is a working maniac and a GREAT guy. He always remembers us and makes time to talk and keep the wine flowing during pizza and a ceasar salad. The pool was the usual Mirage zoo but we met a group of ladies in there 40s' (guessing) that were on a girls trip that were fun. No, there was no 3some showering w/ strange women... why isn't that part ever in my TR??:cry:

3 nights at Bellagio ~ this place was awesome too. It was our 1st time ever and the service there was at least as good as the Wynn. Room was great and the bed almost made me..... well, you don't wanna hear about that part. Dinner at Olives was really good.... living in the south (no offense to those who also live in the SE of the US) I had forgotten what real customer service was like. Breakfast at the pool cafe was excellent too. Mostly kool people out there but a few that strutted around like they were somebody... maybe they were but Dino is always cruzin in his own Vegas world and doesn't really pay much attn to those who are legends in their own mind. Kinda like "suits" but at a pool. Shouldn't they be at the the Ritz or something? LOL Hit them for $2K (RF) on a fifty cent BP machine the night before we left and we had not done too bad up to that point. It dealt it to me!! We were down about a grand which I thought was not bad for an old fart and his wife in Vegas for 9 days... what the hell were we thinking?? I never thought we'd go home up after that long... it was only $300 up but it was up. Yeah... we pissed away about $700 that night but had fun playing higher limits than we normally do after that nice little pay off.

Final thoughts...

Might seriously be changing my home form the Mirage to one or both of the other places. We're due for a change and MGM is changing it all up to be a cool hipster place for the younger crowd anyway. I liked the South Pacific look but hey... that's Vegas.. always changing.

Some low life, dick, scum bag (I need help from Sin on adjectives here) and his dirt bag friends heard me order drinks at the pool at the Wynn and after we left, used our room # and name to the tune of about $650. :soapbox: And that was one day at the pool! I talked to the bartender guys out there the day I ckecked out (and found it on my bill) and they remembered them. Some girls were hosing them for drinks.. or I guesss that was me :eek: Anyway, Wynn took it right off my bill w/o a problem. Be careful when you charge to your room... I've always wondered about being scammed like that. Some people are so F-ing low it amazes me. Oh well... I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around so someday.....

Speaking of Wynn (himself)... we're decompressing our 1st day in town after a long flight w/ a cocktail at the pool and who walks in but Steve himself w/ another guy. He was in a swim suit and a cool Hawaiin type shirt. Maybe trying to be bit incognito. He was checking out everything and talked to a few folks. I asked a girl at the bar that we knew from the Mirage for years and she said he comes to the hotel a lot to see how things are making out. She said she LOVES working for him again.

I was not over Vegas after 9 days... kinda scary huh? Am I sick??? No? Good, thanks... I knew I asked the right audience! lol

Oh yea, one more thing.... At the Wynn pool, I never knew that women had so many different sizes and shapes of breasts and nipples:love:... it was truly a beautiful thing! Even my beautiful bride that I see nekid every day looked sexier than usual under the Las Vegas sun. Man... you ladies are "all" soooo easy on the eyeballs.

I can NOT wait to go back.... ~ Dino

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Dino--

We'll catch ya next time.

By the way, that off-strip place you ended up at with the Bass Pro Shop is the Silverton.

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip.

Mikey

3. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good read Dino,

9 days in Vegas and you're not "Vegased out", you're a trooper man or else a god, not sure which.
    4 maybe 5 days is good for me.

Great selections of Hotels, I always like switching myself even during a 4 day jaunt, kinda gives the feel of two different holidays during the same holiday.

For some reason , maybe it's just the name you use, maybe your posts, but I enjoy "your Vegas". I don't if you know what I mean, but you do it like it's supposed to be done. Probably like the real DM did it, along with the rest of the Rat Pack fellows.
    Win some cash, pool, drinks, nice dinners, just R and R' ing and having fun. My bet is you don't plan a whole lot each day - it just kinda falls into place and happens....:)

Glad you had a good trip. :thumbsup:

PS - ever find in Live in Las Vegas CD's yet??

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one of the EMI disks (that ran on the Strip on XM radio and were compiled for the Centennial) I have the various artist version ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007RIYXQ/qid=1127395208/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_7/102-9328572-5356138?v=glance&s=music but I ordered mine from www.overstock.com) and I want to get Elvis.....

Dino--what a great trip!! I'm bummed I won't be able to hang out by the pool on my next trip--that'll be 2 winter trips in a row for me :mad: But then, it IS Vegas, so how can I be mad??

5. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think dick was a great choice, but I would also add Punk Ass Bitch :grrr:

Great report! You and your bride do it up right!

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey... thanks, I knew you would know where I was... I sure didn't! :)

Ross ~ you're right, we don't plan anything. I have way too much planned in my everyday life that when I go to Vegas it's 100% spontaneous and always includes the pool, gambling, laughing, making freinds w/ fun people and good food and liquor. Not necessarily in that order. :)

Hoya ~ you're right, it IS Vegas. We have never taken a winter trip... the pool time is so much a part of our R&R I'm not sure we would like it as much. Although.... I am trying to get my bride interested in a short trip for her B-day in Nov :) Thanks for the links on the music!

Sin ~ I knew you could help me out... I like that.

Dino

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we need warmth that much, we tend to go south....to the Caribbean, but that said--warmer weather is our preferred time to visit Vegas, it just worked out last year was a business trip in February and this year, a birthday trip for my sister in January because of school scheduling (her & me) Hopefully the trip after that will be back during a pool-use season!!

8. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoya, I'd see if you can have a listen to the Elvis one before buying, I was looking at getting it but read in a few places on the net it wasn't that good.

The best one, again from reading, is Frank at the Nugget. I only have the same one you do, the compilation one.

check e-bay, I have a favorite search "Live in Las Vegas" lots of the discs from the 100th are listed and it's e-mailed to me when new eBay stuff is listed.

If I could get Elvis for a few bucks, then i'd get it ,but I would not pay 19.99 or something like that.

RW

9. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think on Overstock it was the same as the compilation--$12? Can't remember. I don't really want the Frank Sinatra one--I'm not a huge fan, and I already have the Rat Pack live at the Sands and now this other Live from Vegas cd....I think my collection is done:thumbsup: You should be able to listen to clips of any of them at Amazon, but again, I haven't checked specifically for that....

10. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report Dino...

9 days is wonderful isn't it? Only 7 for us in November but who's complaining...NOT ME! Were the beds at Wynn as good as everyone says? We will be there in November so I cant wait to try them out... :wink2:

I think even hubby would have liked the pool too bad it is going to be too cold in November to try it out.

11. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

That was a nice report Dino, I enjoyed it. Glad to see the Wynn took those drink charges off your room. I've heard other horror stories like yours but the others didn't have a happy ending...count yourself lucky.

I'll be staying at the Mirage in a few days. Can you expand on this comment? What's closed down? Construction? Any tips would be appreciated? :)

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beach,

Let's see... Kokomo's, Moongate and Renoir are shut down. They said AVA was closing soon so I'm not sure if they'll be open or not. The area that used to be the high limit tables is all boxed in w/ walls while they re-do that area and the entry to Mikado's and opposite the aquarium wall at check-in is all walled in too. It's no big deal unless you really wanted to go to one of those restaurants... it just makes the place feel so small w/ all of those walls everywhere.

I think one of the reasons they were so quick to remove the charge at Wynn was for one, it was just my wife and I and you could see that we only charged about $30/day at the pool bar and this group charged a total of $684 in one day. I told them "if my wife and I bought those, you'd have remembered the ambulance call for 2 people w/ alcohol poisoning!" Plus... the guy working the bar remembered the group and in fact suspected it was a bogus charge because they acted real funny when he pressed them to sign the bill. They finally did sign he said, but just scribbled something on it and when he turned around, they were gone. He even said he caled security but they were no where to be found... dirt bags is probably too nice a term. I think in the future (for me) a small card w/ the name and number will be passed to the person working the bar or restaurant and then ask for it to be returned. Saying your name and room # out lout can be overheard too easily.

Have a great time at the Mirage.... I know all of you will! We looked at trying to time our trip that week to meet all you T2V'rs but my fiscal year at work is 30 Sept and getting off around that time is virtually impossible. Not after 3 1/2 more years though.... :) Reeeeeeeeeeetirement!!!

Dino

13. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

thanks, Dino :)

Nice to know what to expect before you get there. I'm not to worried about the restaurants or the high limit tables :rolleyes: but I hope AVA is still open. It's usually our rendevous point.

To bad you couldn't make it for S & M, hopefully another time. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm sure we'll all have a great time.

Retirement :thumbsup: Good for you!!

14. TheUsed

TheUsed Tourist

Awesome trip, 3 great hotels in one trip.

Ahhh, sooo, any pics of the sunbathing, lol!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.