1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Mlife resort credit

Discussion in 'Comps' started by playtj, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playtj

playtj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys!

I'll be staying at MB and was wondering if I could use my resort credit at a different Mlife property, and possibly charge it to my room? I'd like to try either the buffet at Aria or Bellagio (any thoughts?) and other restaurants outside Mandalay :licklips:.

Thanks!

2. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes you can as I have done it a few times without a problem--just charge it to your room

3. playtj

playtj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Carol! I'm going there Monday evening after work for two nights, can't wait!

4. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be carefull and double check, I was at the Aria in the new year and asked the same question after using the $75 Tender reward at Luxor and billing the ballance to my room and they wouldnt take it off my RC's so just double check before hand :thumbsup:

5. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think it may have something to do with using a MyVegas reward as I had a BOGO for the Mirage buffet and was told I could not charge to the room or use express points to pay for the one buffet as I was using a MyVegas reward.

6. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a $400 resort credit at Aria back in June and could only use it at Aria. I agree with CJ. Double check at check-in, because you don't want to be surprised at checkout that none of your room charges are covered!

7. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow guess I just got lucky as I did use the credit at NYNY and Bellagio as the Mlife desk at the Mirage had advised to just sign everything to the room to use my credits.
    So I would say that yes please check--and maybe you will get lucky a I did and have no problem.

8. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at Vdara in January I asked the lady at the front desk, while checking in, about how the resort credit worked. She told me that they are supposed to tell you to use it at your particular hotel, but there was no way to really enforce it. She specifically said "Well, try to keep it within reach, maybe going no further than Aria". Well me being the person I am, I charged left and right as far south as NYNY for drinks at Zumanity and more drinks at Mirage for LOVE.

The day before we checked out, I went to the front desk again just to see if the RC had taken. Well, the gentleman said nothing reflected immediately, but he would make a call just to confirm that I had a credit to begin with. It was then that he looked at all the charges (including ones far from my hotel, but still Mlife). He manually deducted roughly (slightly more) than the $100 RC I was entitled to saying "Oh, I can get rid of this. I can take that off too. Hey, why not take this off too!"

While I'm assuming my case is not typical, I'm pretty sure you should be at least be able to use your RC elsewhere.

9. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. When I booked my Aria offer for next month they were clear on the phone that the resort credit could only be used at Aria.

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with everyone who is telling you to check beforehand - the resort credit is often only good at that resort - that is why it is called a resort credit, not a food comp. I have had offers including resort credits where I charged back to the room from other MLife properties and they would not take it from the resort credit balance. It was only valid when I dined at restaurants at the hotel where I was staying.

11. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am surprised that people wouldn 't have charges at the hotel they are staying at....so the resort credit would already covered with those.

12. DavidandNatie

DavidandNatie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently booked at Monte Carlo and I was told that the M Life resort credit would only be good at the Monte Carlo for food and beverage. I asked about using in the gift shop and I was told that I could not. So, to be safe I will use it there and try their restaurants.

13. playtj

playtj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone! I will definitely ask when I get there tomorrow. I was staying at the Luxor last month and did ask about it when I checked in and was told that I could use it at any Mlife property; but, for some reason I still was hesitant so I just used it on room service and walked down to their buffet and paid for 3 random people as I only stayed a night, and less than 24 hours, with $350 resort credit for two.

I've remained Platinum for the last two years (surprisingly!) and I've never paid attention to/taken advantage of any of the "perks", really. I've passed up on cruise, shows, and other offers, and I didn't even know that I could use my RC to pay for F&B until last year! :nono:

So, if anyone wants to educate me further, feel free. Ha! :beer:

14. Ally Vegas

Ally Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My past experience was Mlife credit was good at all Mlife properties and Resort Credit was only valid at the property that offered it. Albeit, I have never been charged for off property charges (or has express comps taken for charges to other hotels when I had resort credits left over.

15. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what I was always told.

Resort credit = can only be used at the resort from which it was given.

Food & beverage = good at any Mlife property.

16. MidnightBJ

MidnightBJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the wording of your offer matters. My Mlife offers all say Mlife resort credit, not just resort credit. In the fine print it says to be used at participating outlets at Mlife resorts. I read that to be any Mlife resort and charge back to room. I bet it depends on the level of the offer.

17. playtj

playtj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again everyone. I got here last night and asked about it. Staff asked for my room number and placed a call to somebody, who then told him that I can use my resort credit at any mlife property.

Fun story: I was going to relax in the room after check-in as we got here around 11pm after driving from LA, but one of my buddies wanted to walk over to Luxor.I brought with me $600 just in case and was planning on going back to the room after an hour or so. I was playing in the HL slot room and was just getting even so I decided I was going back. Then, I saw buffalo grand and spent about $500 in less than 20 minutes from sitting there. Took my remaining $100 out and started walking to the escalators going back to Mandalay and saw a multi denom cleopatra 2 slot ($0.01, 0.02, 0.05) so I sat down and quickly got $150 on my first spin and bonus on my second for $400 on a $2 bet after picking 15 spins! Then I changed the denom to $0.02 and was betting $4 and I kept on getting bonus after bonus until I was up $1400! Took the money out and went to a really old machine that I didn't even understand and got a line hit of $800 after only 2 spins! I played a few more and finally stopped. I'm now up $3200 after 2 hours or so without having to fill out a tax form! Hoping to keep most of it until tomorrow when I have to drive back home. (So that I guess was some sort of a trip report ha)

Have a great day guys. Good luck if you're here and have fun!

18. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I last time I was in Vegas some of my room charges, for food at various other MLIFE resorts, were not comped. This is the first time this has happened. I have not had to pay for food in a few years. I asked my host as was told the resort credits were only good for the resort you are staying at. She did go ahead and comp the rest of the food, but I have never had to ask before. Maybe it is a change in policy.

19. playtj

playtj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, they're getting stingier with their offers, unfortunately..

20. 20hof

20hof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Excalibur mid March and didn't have any problems with charges from Monte Carlo, MGM, or Luxor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.