1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline Shuttle to Golden Nugget question.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TKO, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ridden the Airline Shuttle to the Golden Nugget? Does not sound like it is just for the GN even though it is offered on GN website. I was wondering if it was more likely to go straight Downtown compared to the other airport shuttles? I only found 2 references to it on the GN Trip Advisor web site and they were very positive about it. Thanks.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking the Golden Nugget website the link for booking the "need a ride?" goes to the website for Airline Shuttle.

They are a shuttle company, like all the others at McCarran, so they will be visiting other hotels and where Golden Nugget is in the trip all depends on the passengers on the same shuttle as you.

I can't say for them specifically because they look to be a new company operating out of the airport, but normally the shuttle companies will have four different routes: a south strip route, a mid strip route, a north strip route and then a downtown route. As long as there are enough passengers they will try to break people up in to one of those four groups so they drop them off more efficiently. IE: the "South Strip Route" is usually going to be: MGM Grand, NYNY, Monte Carlo, Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Tropicana, Hooters and then back to the airport... and if they don't have passengers for a specific hotel then they won't go there (no NYNY or Monte Carlo customers then the shuttle will go from MGM Grand straight to Excalibur).

For Airport Shuttle I have no idea how big their fleet is and thats usually the most important thing if you book ahead of time: if they only have a small fleet or one shuttle that goes Downtown and you pre-book your ride then when you get there it might be a long wait... to that end I would probably just wait until you get to the airport and then you can see just how busy the shuttles are and even go up and ask them how long until they have one going Downtown. If the wait is too long then just go to the next shuttle ticket booth and check with them.

I can remember a few years ago the Bell shuttles used to have signs out front showing the wait time and quite often it would be over an hour for a ride, but then Showtime had no wait at all - the people waiting at Bell were ones who had transfers either booked as part of their fare or prepurchased tickets and didn't want to give up on that $7 they paid to switch to a different shuttle company.

3. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip. Think I'll take your advise and not pre-book

4. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing is the shuttle might make all kinds of strip stops before lastly hitting downtown, the work around for this is to take the WAX which is the ultimate downtown shuttle if you ask me, second only to a limo. Taxis want to abuse you and shuttles do it by location of dropoffs

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're taking it at night, it most definitely will stop on the strip. I quit taking the shuttle downtown when it took me 1.5 hours to get to the D from the airport. We stopped at MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Flamingo, Venetian, Circus Circus and Stratosphere before finally making it downtown.

During the day, they try to segregate downtown passengers from the strip passengers, because it's easier to fill shuttles at that time.

6. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you still take the Wax if you have a carry-on and another piece of luggage. If so, what would be the procedure for dealing with the luggage? Thanks.

7. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By their own rules, luggage is welcome on all RTC busses, especially so on the WAX. Virtually everyone on the WAX will have baggage, of all sizes. The bus is usually so empty that we just sit the bag on a seat next to us, or just pull it up in front of our knees when sitting. There may be a luggage area near the entrance, but we have never used it. Check the schedule, however, because it only runs every 45-60 minutes at some times of the day. $2 fee when entering--exact change--and you will get off at the Walgreens near The D. Takes about 25 min to Fremont St. We have taken shuttles, taxis, and car rentals, but much prefer the WAX both to and from the airport.

8. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what he said

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, its just like any where else: public transit in pretty much every other city allows people to take the bus with luggage going to/from the airport or other modes of transport (ferries, train stations, bus depots, etc)

I think this comes up in relation to Las Vegas because its seen as a little different, not like every other city out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.