1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A few observations.....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by hotreds, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Vegas seems especially crowded. I guess it's still spring break. But, wow- so many kids! $ 20 trick got me a room on 28th floor with a fridge. However, this handicapped guy having to walk a mile to/from the elevator is ridiculous! The room is well worn. Really makes me want to try Bally's in November! Have seen great shows: Blue Man Group, Jeff Civillico, Penn and Teller. SWMBO has been very impressed with the Diamond status: there was a 30 minute wait at hash house, but the status got us right in. Also got us to front of line for Rio shuttle. Tonight it's Raiding the Rock Vault.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying?

RTRV is awesome; enjoy!

3. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Flamingo. An interesting thing happened to me as I was sitting at a one arm bandit. I saw someone out of the corner of my eye to my right staring at me. Then this person said " hello" a few times. Thinking it was the oriental " is it nice" woman, I ignored her. Next thing she does is go behind me and appears on my left and asks if I am alone. I said " I'm good!" and away she went. This woman was dressed quite plainly and bundled for the cool weather. She was anything but glamorous. Have no idea what this was all about! Certainly not the typical " flower of the asphalt" look or act.

4. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny I said the same thing, soooo many kids and strollers. I was kind of glad the Linq pool was 21+. Have a great time and good luck!

5. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

As a diamond it might have been a host. I had a guy come up to me at Bally's and thought I did something wrong at first. Just introduced himself and said if I need anything etc.

6. ademarco6

ademarco6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually a host would have a name tag and provide a card with number for you to call at the end of the trip to evaluate your play. Seems like a scam or working lady.

7. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it was a host also. And, I need to add my voice to those who highly rate Uber, we have used it twice and were most impressed. We were going to try Lyft as well, but read too many bad reviews, so we'll stick with the former tonight when we'll need to rush from PH to Mirage.

8. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip home on AA First Class. Nice, but they wanted $21 for wi-fi! Ain't gonna happen! The three seat SW option with $8 wifi and less food and drink works- I'll just buy something to drink after I clear TSA.

Love- Talented performers! But, a bit too busy and some of the stuff was weird. Might try Mystere as I understand this is the "original." Rich Little: As excellent as ever. All Shook Up: Enjoyable, the guy really worked the audience.( Never saw Elvis, so unsure how his concerts went.) Raiding the Rock Vault: As excellent as ever, a show I'd see again and again!

The thing that really stood out was the crowds and the number of kids. We'll try to avoid spring break next March/April trip!

9. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hotreds: thanks for the report - and I've posted a question for you on the transportation section, if you wouldn't mind reporting back on it for me. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.