1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

coffee

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Bob Seaman, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Seaman

Bob Seaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    coffee is $2.00 a cup so we went to goodwill and bought a coffee maker for ten bucks then went to vons and bought coffee saved a lot

2. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel with my one cup pot.It is not only the money it is the convenience. I never know when I am going to get up, I want more than one cup and room service can take 45 minutes.

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stop at Walmart, never paid more than $8 and change. We generally drink a couple pots a day.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume those of you who bring a coffee maker, drive to LV? Can't see flying across country with a coffee maker. Wouldn't pay to check a bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing. But I always rent a car in LV. I'm thinking that I'll bring a stack of coffee filters in my bag next trip and buy some really good coffee to enjoy. If I can get a coffee maker for around $10 it sure seems worth it. I never tasted coffee as bad as the crap you get in the rooms.

6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rent a car every trip, in December we stopped at Walmart and got a coffee maker, coffee, filters, Styrofoam cups, a case of water and snacks for under twenty five bucks. Well worth the time to stop.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly SouthWest with 2 bags free. Always bring coffee maker in my bag. Doesn't weigh much. We stay for an average of 12 days per trip and it saves us lots of money, not even counting convenience. between coffee maker, coffee, creamer, filters, can't weigh more than a few pounds

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a big Starbucks fan, but they have instant coffee that is decent and cheap. Tap water in most hotels is hot enough to work. (Plus it's what you'd put in a coffee maker.)

You can also buy coffee flat "pods" that are all mesh, no plastic. Just drop in the bottom of the cup.

I'm not a morning person, so coffee is a must for me, both options at least get me going!

9. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say "coffee maker" are you referring to a mellita pour over manual drip. I use one of these at home. Weighs close to nothing. This I could see bringing. You would just need something to boil the water in.

Makes sense if you are there more than a week and rent a car.

I am a 4 nite trip guy. And after a lost luggage fiasco, I am all about carry on only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't normally bring a coffee maker of any type but I have once or twice to get things "moving" in the morning. Years ago I bought an electric portable espresso maker in Rome. It makes a strong little cup of espresso and it's self contained.

11. epWick

epWick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like coffee right when I wake up. One year I brought a small coffee pot in my luggage. Wrapped it up in clothes so it wouldn't break. Now I stay at the Nugget so I bring my own k-cups.

12. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Echo much of what has already been said. We stayed five nights at the Aria a couple of years ago and stopped at Fry's after picking up our rental and bought a new coffee maker for $10. Just off the strip and very convenient. Coffee filters and a pound of coffee in our luggage and we were set for a easy start to our days.

13. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for my last trip I brought an one cup coffee maker and coffee with me, it was great, didn't have to worry about getting a coffee in the morning, now I won't travel without it

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually want to make fun of the travelling coffee pot club, but you guys have me wanting to pack an electric kettle so I can have tea or hot chocolate in my room when I come. I am too much of an over packer to consider it though.

15. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Any suggestions on a one cup coffee maker that heats up the water for you? I'd like to find a small one for traveling. I've searched Amazon, but there are so many to choose from I'm confused!

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Kelly

16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a version of the single travel cup black & decker http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CM618-Single-Coffee/dp/B008YS1WXE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460663258&sr=8-2&keywords=black+and+decker+travel+coffee

Lately when we go to Vegas it's for business, which means we're up early, and I need my coffee before I eat breakfast or my stomach gets upset (I know, it's bass-ackwards to prefer coffee on an empty stomach if one is prone to problems, but there you have it) So this was nice. I pack light but get a free bag on delta so it's easy to fit in my suitcase. Have brought it on a couple other trips - not needed when we stay in hotels with coffeemakers or free breakfasts, but there are a couple places other than Vegas that don't provide those things ;-)

(PS for 2 of us, we just bring an extra travel mug)

17. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thanks HoyaHeel, that's actually the one I was leaning towards!

Anyone else got other suggestions?

(Sorry OP if I am taking this too far off topic).

Cheers,
    Kelly

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.