1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by daubbermom, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daubbermom

daubbermom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am about to reserve a car for our trip. Is there a better time to wait for to get it for less? Any tips on good deals. I am looking on the Costco deals. Our trip is 4/25 to 5/5. Also we can pick-up any day that week, is there any better day to pick-up the car. How do I check the prices at downtown locations. Thanks in advance. :wave:

2. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just keep looking. I'm out tomorrow morning and have been following prices for the last month. Prices had been hovering around $135 for a 4 day (sun-th) Thursday they fell just below $100 and I booked a placeholder ressy. Last night payless dropped to $83 all in.

As far as downtown, rental there is good for a day or 2 rental. I have generally found the are higher for a weekly rental.

3. daubbermom

daubbermom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is a placeholder? also must we pay when reserving online?

4. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the OP is suggesting that you place a reservation at the best price you can find today and continue price shopping up to the date of the reservation in search of a lower price or a larger car, or some more appealing combination of the two.

You usually do not have to pay anything when making most auto rental reservations. Keep in mind that outfits like Priceline require full payment at the time the non-cancellable reservation is booked.

If you succeed in upgrading your reservation, it would be courteous to cancel older reservations that you will not need.

5. Froggy

Froggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out car rental savers found best price there

6. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too use Costco---- I usually check every other day or so. I'll book it, then rebook anytime it drops. And believe me it changes on the Costco website. I have seen $100 drops for a weekly rental. So keep checking----and good luck.

I really like this place!
  7. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

I put the Costco codes in the appropriate place on Budget.com. The "pay now" price is cheaper than on Costco. They do charge your credit card immediately but you can change your reservations if you find a lower price at Budget. This is the way to go if you know that your plans are not going to change. If you cancel they will charge a $25 fee. We've been renting from the Budget on W Tropicana (they will pick you up but not at the airport)) since the prices at the airport are so ridiculous. Mid size is costing us $261 for two weeks. Works for us.

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For grits and shins I just checked pricing for tomorrow's rental. I'm locked in for ~ $80, now it's $187 for 4 days. Guess I locked in perfectly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.