1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Redeeming a reward a second time?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by eksantirik, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas folks, I have another question if you don't mind :)

In the last couple of years, I never redeemed same award twice. But now there are some items I'd like to purchase again. For example, I redeemed Aria lunch buffet in early 2014. The same award shows up again, and I am interested, but it states "limit 1 per person". Does this mean I cannot redeem this award again?

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as it is a new batch you'll be fine. If it allows you to purchase the reward again, then it is a new batch.

3. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, will get the Aria buffet then!

4. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow up question:
    How do you know if it is a new batch? I redeemed $50 free play at Mirage in 2014. When I click on the reward and fill in information it allows me to buy the $50 free play again.

5. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Jan 1st all rewards were like a new batch so if you used one in 2015 you are able to purchase it in 2016.
    I did it on 2 rewards I used last year with no problem

6. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is incorrect. However the most popular rewards tend to be renewed every year but there's no magical date for any reward like 1st of January.

7. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry but that is when my rewards renewed (Jan 1) as I checked them Jan 2nd and was able to purchase 3 I had used last year
    So just suggesting that people check if they wish to purchase a reward that they had used in 2015 as the reward may be available again to them.

8. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How exactly you know they renewed on that date? Were you unsuccesful purchasing them on Dec 31st?

9. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't purchase them late in Dec and I am just sharing my experience as it may be helpful to other members
    I do know a few other people that were able to also purchase rewards again

10. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand, I'm just pointing out that the rewards are renewed throughout the year as batches run out. No way of knowing when that happens, only way to know is to keep trying to purchase them. But I know for a fact that they aren't renewed when the calendar year ends. What happened to you was just a pure coincidence.

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good portion of the rewards from Mlife were a new batch after the new years this year. But you are correct in saying that batches are reloaded at random throughout the year as well.

12. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been able to see 'Zarkana' and 'KA' twice via MyVegas within a few months of each other (May and then September) with no problems at all.

13. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for agreeing on the fact that many of the rewards renewed in the New Year--I forgot to mention that there are some rewards that do get a new batch throughout the year but certain ones don't--a good example seems to be the freeplays

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - many of the the rewards do get new batches early in the new year.

"New batches" don't get released as often as they used to. I used to be able to purchase the same reward every few months once the batch ran out.

These days it usually takes the January refresh for me to be able to buy the same reward again.

15. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting choice of words seeing as that your original post said:

I actually checked this with the official Facebook group and the admins (and few others) confirmed that rewards are not renewed on 1st of January, which is what you originally said. However, there might be (and most likely is) some certain rewards that conveniently run their course to the end of the year but the majority of them don't. I'm not trying to argue or fight with you or anyone else but It's good for the board and it's members to have the facts straight.

16. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I find that on VMB this is probably the weakest link. There is so much misinformation posted on MyVegas, it is ridiculous. Why not join a MyVegas FB group that discusses these things continuously. What happens on myvegas can change daily and something from a couple years ago is long past its lifetime. I love coming to VMB but for something like this, to know something specific I go to the official group that has answers directly from myvegas.

17. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am an administrator on one of the MyVegas boards and all I can say again is that many rewards were renewed in the beginning of the year--as many of the members of our group were able to redeem rewards used in 2015 and the only reason I have posted here about this is so members can try again to get a reward they wanted but were not able to get.
    This was done only to advise members that there was a chance that the reward might again be available to them.
    And I have also found in the official MyVegas facebook group all info is not correct possibly because things can change day by day.
    This is the last I have to say about this as I posted only to help members

18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's not forget: the "sanctioned" Facebook groups basically exist to kiss up to the PlayStudios people.

Seriously, some of the brown nosing in those groups makes me sick.

The FB groups are not always the best place to get info. There is some info that the PS people refuse to release (i.e. How many rewards are released each day, how much money in chip purchases it takes to get extra MGM rewards, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you say you are admin at a my vegas board and also say NOT official MyVegas board. What board. Plenty of chip share ones out there that don't know much about anything. I disagree with your statement. If you are going to post . Post correct info first and not backtrack. The last time they all renewed at same time was Jan 2015

20. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    takes around $50 for 4 $500+- for 5 and $800-1000 +- for 6 . And you get more info here? Where is the best place to get info? groups that gets dozens and dozens specific questions on the game I think have more knowledge than a few post here and there, and most of them with the wrong answer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.