1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do not fly Allegiant says Mary Schiavo

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mickeydfly13, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI--The former U.S. Dept of Transportation Inspector General implores you Not to fly Allegiant due to too many mishaps. Saw her tweet a couple days ago on twitter. If she has serious concerns about an airline, there's probably something there to be concerned about. I'm not trying to knock them-just kind of a PSA for our little community here!

2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you link it here?

3. Loverboy

Loverboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked in aviation for years. The amount of maintenance and documentation that aircraft go through is mind numbing.

There are check and balances on top of checks and balances all while trying to maintain the flight schedule.

Officials have zero problems shutting them down if they see something that is not right but it has to be something of significant importance. All aircraft have outstanding work that needs to be performed on them. Never will you see a plane that has zero discrepancies, its just not the way they work, not even one right off the factory floor. Matter of fact, they are the ones that need the most work many times.

5. rayzor

rayzor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew allegiant to vegas from cincy 3 weeks ago and everything was great,actually on way back to cincy we landed 20 minutes early.

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there is a worse airline for this type of crap.

If you fly with these turds, you put a value of about $100-$150 on your time/life.

How is that "savings" looking when you have to miss an entire day of vacation? Or you get where you are headed 12 hours late? Or, the inevitable crash is YOUR plane?

I'll have one less nice meal, and fly an airline that actually has me rest easy!

7. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing that got me was her comparison to Valujet. Are their issues increasing in numbers relative to their number of flights? The articles I read doesn't really address that?

I am not a value flyer anymore. I like to think of my vacation starting when I get on the plane and fly accordingly.

8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't say that there is an "inevitable crash".

9. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting thread. A couple weeks ago I was on a SWA flight out of Vegas, happened to be sitting next to a guy whose company sells used/refurbished parts to all the airlines. He was straight to the point about Allegiant: "Every one of their planes is an accident waiting to happen." Cured me of ever thinking about saving a couple bucks by flying with them....

10. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have posted my experiences on Allegiant at the end of February and am somewhat validated that this airline is becoming infamous for service and quality shortcomings.

My flight was on a Sunday. The aircraft was discovered to have an issue that required a new tire to be installed, delaying departure. Allegiant did not have maintenance crews to do the work since it was a Sunday, according to the gate personnel. They had to seek a sub-contractor to deal with the tire problem. When they arrived at the aircraft, it was learned that they didn't have the correct tire. Allegiant then stated that they would have another plane fly one from another city so the sub-contractor could make the repairs.

This ordeal caused the flight that was to have departed at 8:44am not to leave until after 3:00pm. Since I had not purchased their flight "insurance" delay coverage, I was not able to get a refund or credit toward any future flight.

Low cost fares shouldn't mean that consumers should be forced to be inconvenienced due to operating cost cuts such as the lack of maintenance crew on a given day of the week, even being a Sunday. With the limited flights between their destinations, imagine the likelihood of a maintenance problem being deferred just so a flight can operate when they have no one to service the issues. Sure, there are alternatives available, such as sub-contractors. But, we are talking about lives at stake vs. "line items" on an operations statement.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.