1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond vs. aspiration 40.....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mason, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mason

mason Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Diamond, I made aspiration 40 last year. Is there really a huge boost in comp for spending 75,000 coin in vs. 200,000 coin in?

Diamond aspiration TC:
    Four complimentary nights and $100 folio credit
    5,000 Tier Credits towards your next year's Tier Score
    Four Anytime High Roller® tickets in Las Vegas

75,000 coin in equals $15,000 and 200,000 coin in equals $40,0000, just using slot gaming. In return you get 4 nights of rooms= $400, 5,000 TC = $25,000 played, coin in around $3500- $1200. I guess as I see it from my dis-jointed post, racing for aspirations 40 is a real loser.

I forgot the $100 aspiration dinner. That knocks it up a bit.......

Remember, comps are based on play, not tier level.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    /End Thread

3. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth it in our opinion. We both are "regular" diamond, and have been for many years. We have trouble using up all the shows (saw Elton for the 2nd time last trip). comps and $100 dinners that we get. It would be foolish to "aspire" to the 40k level just to get "yet another" $100 dinner.

Since they drastically lowered their video poker payouts last year, we will probably remove HET/CET from our future trip plans.

So, Aspirations 40 = Not good enough.

- bcc

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember that with the daily bonus TCs, you can get to Diamond with $25,000 coin in on slots and Diamond 40 with $70,000.

For the extra $45,000 coin in, you get an additional $100 dinner and $100 folio credit. The thing about the 4 comp nights is, they're nice to have if you wanted to book a long stay, but they're going to count in your ADT. So if it's a situation where you're already stretching yourself to make Diamond 40 to begin with, using those 4 extra comp nights could end up lowering your ADT enough to hurt your comp availability after you use them.

For me, the play level required to make the lower level Diamond over the course of two trips a year is enough to get me 5 nights comped at Caesars, so there's no reason to generate another $4,500 in theo for a max of ~$600 in benefits.

5. mason

mason Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was doing the math without considering the daily bonus....... Face palm... completely forgot. But yeah, risk vs. reward still makes it hard to justify going for the 40. if 40 or more happens along the way, cool, but as long as rooms keep coming for free based off play, I won't put in a concerted effort for 40.

6. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all about the ADT anyway. I get a few more marketing offers being ASSpiration Level 2 and the free airfare was worth it. You are still subject to comp limits, meaning I couldn't get the property and exact dates I wanted due to the room rate on the weekend I wanted in NOLA.
    If you can take advantage of the tier bonuses to hit, then focus your play but don't chase. Definitely not worth it. I did not get anywhere near the comp return for my losses last year. I am moving more into the COMP myself program this year and will only pursue higher coin in if I am getting decent hits. No need to over gamble just to get a $800 room comp and $120 value in high roller tickets.

7. mason

mason Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.