1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Exotic Medford OR

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Camp Rusty, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

......we left Bellevue WA, just east of Seattle at 11:AM heading south on I-5 and arrived in exotic and beautiful Medford at exactly 7:pM. Staying in the world famous Marriott, dinner from the fine folks at the Fred Meyer deli down the street. Hertz Gold and AAA have us in a Hyundai Sonata, it only has 2300 miles on it, still smells like a new car.....even as a rental !

Wish I had the Malibu from last October.......wayyyyyyyyyy better seats. We stopped once, but I still have car butt. :thumbsdown:

It rained almost every inch of the way, torrential spring rains on I-205 around Portland. We actually spent quite a bit of time going thirty or less. I thought we would run out of it south of Eugene but it rained almost all the way to Medford. There were a few amazing rainbows off to the east of us as we drove south though, so that was pretty cool.

Tahoe tomorrow night in a time share on the lake.......buddy hooked us up:nworthy:

Hope it doesn't rain more than half the time tomorrow........I haven't been this way to Vegas in a few years.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck driving to Tahoe from Medford...blizzard conditions on the sierras around Tahoe (and probably Shasta also)

3. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find Medford anything but exotic haha...should have drive the extra 10 miles to Ashland, at least there you could find a good beer and meal at Caldera Brewing (exit 19) ...hope your Hyundai makes it over the passes with the junk weather. Safe travels!

4. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did y'all stop off at Seven Feathers, just north of Medford?

5. ncoday

ncoday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Seattle be t am from Sacramento. I've made that drive probably 100 times, it is beautiful. I used to take 205 around downtown, but after meeting some people from Portland, haven't since. It is 11 extra miles, and from what I understand OHP will give you 10 over, so the reduced speed limit doesn't bother me. It is a nice relaxing drive, and on many occasions I have stopped into 7Feathers to leave a donation. Best part about that place is the awesome RV Park they have which only charges about $20/nt with your players card.

6. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total disaster as far as the plan was supposed to go today.........no way from Shasta to Tahoe without chains.

Timspeed was all over it !

We were going to go through Shasta and up through Susanville......the easy way. Nope, chains required. The only pass that didn't say chains required was over 80, apparenty Cal Trans does not upgrade the notices regularly so we were turned back at Dutch Flats......

Back down to Placerville to get chains and try 50 over.........no chains for our car. Sold out.....

I wasn't all that hot on chains anyway on a rental.......if one let go and destryed the paint job that would have sucked.

Anyway.....eleven hours after leaveing Medford we are in Modesto.......tomorrow Vegas will be through Bakersfield I guess.....kinda' bummed as we had a lot of desert plans. Oh well.....can't beat nature.

Modesto it is !

No Seven Feathers donations this time, though I have in the past.

7. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, I live in Modesto.
    hell of a trek my man.
    EDIT: Yeah, I've always wondered why CAL DOT has the SHITTIEST IT infrastructure..NONE of their "updates" are ever correct.

8. Kjell28

Kjell28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CHP Truckee on Twitter or FB usually has good updates regarding 80

9. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe so, but DOT website is horrible.
    CHP is close to OK...if they could just integrate with waze, they might be where they should be at, technology wise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.