1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advise on Host

Discussion in 'Comps' started by raw, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raw

raw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi
    I have always had a host with the title "executive host," even at a high end property. I just booked a trip to Vegas at a hotel that I have only stayed at 2x. I have made many trips within MLIFE at higher end properties than I booked at yesterday.
    I used the same person I used a year ago to book the trip and realized her title is "marketing executive." I always get a nice suite, tickets, $1000.00 resort fee and minimum upwards of $750 free play. And my cheek out bill is always comp'ed. My play has not changed. This same "marketing executive" has also personally called mean the phone 4 times in the last year to invite me to events.
    When I booked this trip yesterday she gave me a room, tickets to the event I want to go to and would NOT give me food or free play. Looking for advise?
    It is my understanding that a host does more for you? How do I get through to one? It just seemed very strange to me, I have been going to Vegas for years and have never had this happen to me. I don't get it. I even asked her if she put in the right Mlife number cause I was very shocked. I was given her last year when I called the property to book a trip. Thank you in advance!

2. raw

raw Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I forgot to mention my last trip..... I gambled the same dollar value as per normal. I did end up with the flu but stayed in my room for a whole day. Maybe this effected it??

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember that a host only makes it easier to get the things that you are entitled to. They have a "little" latitude, but not much.

You mention that she "wouldn't" give you the food or free play. Wouldn't or couldn't? Did she say why? Did you ask? One non-play day can wreak havoc on your ADT, and if your playing days number is small, even more so.

One thing that I have told my host is that I was getting "competetive" offers from other properties and that was making it difficult for me to book with them. My host matched the conpeting offer.

4. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask why you've gotten all those things in the past and why this trip is different. If the answer is not what you want to hear, get a new host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.