1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Free limo pickup really free?

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by tvon, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done the "free limo pickup" to strip clubs lots of times and more often than not, still have to pay an entrance fee (they call it pre-buying over priced drinks). If you look at the tip for the driver (probably $25) and the "2 drinks" ($35). Is just driving or cabbing cheaper? Usually the limos are pretty threadbare and beat up so it doesnt really justify it. I'm wondering other folks experiences and thoughts with this.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done it numerous times and it's always free with a tip for the driver. It's always backdoor service.

I always make sure I negotiate this upfront though (name on the list and I'm in free with my three friends). Tell them what I expect before I get there. Never had a problem.

If they tried to charge me some upfront fee, I'd give them the finger, call another club, and have them ride over to retrieve me.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume the OP means free limo to a strip club. And the answer to the question depends on the club. I don't have the most recent info, but my knowledge over the past few years is that the SR limo really is free (with a tip to the driver appreciated), the limo to Sapphire is for a nominal amount that is far less than a cab (I think ten bucks) and then you get in free, and OG is a free limo ride, but then you have to pre-purchase two overpriced drinks at the door.

I Need Spa
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea on the limos and it's been awhile since I've been to a strip club, but didn't most cabbies offer a free ride to a strip club if you go with their "recommendation" (place where they get a kick back)?

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think many still will, but then the price at the door just kills the customer. Still saves a few bucks, but the club limo is still the way to go

I Need Spa
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my understanding as well. It's been a while, but in my previous experiences the free limo (sometimes more akin to a party bus) just required a tip to the driver, and then entry is free-to-cheap. The kickback the clubs pay to the cabbies is substantial, so they'd rather get you there themselves.

7. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've taken the limo solo to Rhino, CHIII and Treasures and never once had to pay a cover charge. Each time tipped the driver $20

8. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the party bus to Sapphire earlier this year, tip the driver and no entry fee or overpriced drinks.

Lady Gaga, Moorea Beach
    Anniversary trip
  9. vegasjester

vegasjester Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I've used the "Limo" service I've gotten in for free.

Rhino will even pick you up solo.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    limos are free and so is the cover charge if youve been charged its a scamed, just tip the driver deppending how many people 20$ or more

cabs get between 40-80$ a person for dropping off per person and the club gets ur fees to get in, u can take a cab and demand the cab driver comp u in or he wont get paid his fee if you walk.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  11. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done pick ups to rhino, sapphire and crazy horse all by calling direct and all no cover

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took a free limo from Aria to Treasures..it was so damn hot in the Limo and the a/c was busted. I felt like we were being kidnapped taking the back roads and sticking our heads out the windows for fresh air. Sometimes, you get what you pay for. I would rather drive.

13. XtremeD

XtremeD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this the first time I went to vegas last year. Yes it was free, the drinks were stupidly expensive @ The Sapphire. Had a hell of a night there but probably wont do it again next time to be honest. It was good and all that but the door workers were jerks. In Canada, we're not allowed smoking inside which is why I'm so used to going outside (I hate smoking inside and have quit since then), so I did when I wanted a smoke and when I came back in they were hassling me thinking I bought drugs and were bringing them in or something. They reluctantly let me back in, about an hour later they told me I wasn't allowed back in, I told them to go ---- themselves then cabbed it back to my hotel.

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you drive you can't drink much unless you have a DD. If you take a cab you won't get any kind of deal at the door as they have to pay the cabbie his fee. So in those cases the "limo" is the way to go.

15. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks vegasvic! What's best stripclub to go too say on a Thursday night?

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best strip club is sooooo subjective. My GF and I always go to Little Darlings at least once when we're in town. It's a fun place, nude, but no alcohol. She gets more attention from the dancers than I do :( lol Sapphire is fun in that it's so damn big with so many dancers (a couple hundred during prime time). Palomino is the only nude place with alcohol. It's in a sketchy area but we've had no problems. check out ********************** for the best info by far. Cover charges, happy hour specials, limo info, reviews. Arnold Snyder does a great job.

We always sit at the rail if we can. You can a great view and we prefer it to sitting at a table farther back. We tend to go earlier in the evening, before things get too crowded. So we are usually at a club by 9 or so. Things don't really get busy until midnight most nights. But we like that. Sometimes clubs get so crowded that if you spot a dancer you might want a lap dance from she may never even get to you.

Many clubs have some good happy hour specials late afternoon/early evening but the selection of dancers will be smaller during those times.

Some places the dancers are more aggressive with the upsell. But a firm no thanks usually works fine. Sometimes a dancer(s) will try to latch onto you as soon as you arrive, we just say we are going to watch the stage show for awhile and that works fine too. We enjoy talking to some of the girls but we try not to take up too much of their time if we have no intention of getting a lapper.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  17. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again vegasvic! Another question I'm from the ATL and strip clubs here the dancers get totally nude. Never been to one in Vegas so they can't get totally nude?

18. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They can only get nude if they do not serve alcohol. One exception is the Palomino, that club has been around a long time and they were grandfathered in when the law banned alcohol from nude strip clubs. The nude clubs like Little Darlings can have dancers 18-21 that can't yet perform in the topless/alcohol clubs. So you get a lot of dancers breaking into the business. That can be good or bad :) And customers only have to be 18 at the nude clubs. We're not big drinkers to the lack of booze at Little Darlings isn't a big deal but it would be nice to have a drink or two there. One other tip, the courts have ruled that touching the dancers is legal. But that doesn't mean you can just grope them. Follow their lead. Or security will be on you like a pit bull on a poodle.

19. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends what is more important to you: nudity, alcohol, or high mileage.

Some clubs have really high mileage and girls get offended if you aren't groping them. A few places allow :Þ on the breasts while others are :nono: but then again it really comes down to the individual dancers. My recommendation, before you even begin to think about taking a girl to private, is getting a few lap dances and see the type of mileage you can get. It could only get better at private.

20. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to little darlings twice last month, high mileage from most, as well as offered outside services by one girl. I am not a big drinker so no alcohol doesn't bother me, and I don't have to buy a bunch of $20 drinks. The girls were very frank about prices and what you can and can't do. Don't be afraid to ask prices and what does that include. It all depends on the girl. If you go for the published $20 dances, you will probably get no mileage. I drove myself and got in for $15 and it included a return entry within 7 days. I was there on a Monday and Thursday, i wouldn't go before 9 pm.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.