1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Placing bets during March Madness

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Madchef, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am getting into town Friday of March Madness which is the second day at about 10am. Staying at the Mirage. Can anyone elaborate on how difficult it will be to place bets? I figure as soon as I can get to the hotel I will check in and then place all my bets for the day. Just wondering how ridiculous the lines are? Thanks

2. GTBR1

GTBR1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lines are never ridiculously long because of games being spread out through the day. I wouldn't budget for more than a 5-10 minute wait at any given moment(and I doubt you would ever wait this long). Books will have every window open in anticipation, and you will never see anything approaching a Super Bowl type line.

3. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not like football Sunday, but it is obviously a little longer wait than a Monday night during baseball season.

4. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah your right about it not being like NFL Sunday, IF YOU MEAN IT'S WAY WORSE! Before first games tip lines are wrapped around the book.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lines are bad shortly before games tip off and right after games end. If you place bets after the first games have tipped off, you should be fine

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Sunday, they wrap around the book TWICE.

7. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As some said close to starting time on Thurs and Friday mornings are the worst, but it gets much better after that, it also depends on what book. Two years ago we stayed at the Venetian, wasn't bad at all,only 10 minutes at the start of the whole thing, We placed our bets went to meet some buddies at the Flamingo and it was a big line for a dumpy sports book, 20-30 minutes . After the early games I wouldn't sweat it much no matter where you are.

8. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deal with the lines on Friday, but then be sure to get your early morning action for the Saturday games ON FRIDAY NIGHT! Wake up on Saturday 10 minutes before game time, quick shower, bartop VP with an Irish Coffee like a boss.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.