1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Smash Burger.. Is it a Smashing burger???

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasMike, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasMike

VegasMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw/read about Smash Burger...Wondering of anyone has tried it ! I see that the meat is every frozen like at In and Out and that they Smash the ball of meat down into a patty like 5 Guys. I see that there is one located in the food court of Caesars palace and that there is one just a stone throw away from the In and Out on Maryland by UNLV. Just wondering if it is worth giving it a try. Because I just LOVE me a couple of Double Double Burgers from In and Out.....:licklips:

2. Jerry Snuggit

Jerry Snuggit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smashburger is excellent. A notch below In-N-Out, but better than other new chains like Shake Shack, Bobby's Burger Palace, and especially Five Guys.

3. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smashburger is decent and reasonably priced, worth a try if you are nearby, but not a trip out of your way. Of all the recent upscale fast food burger joints, I'd put most of them a notch or two above smashburger.

I'd eaten smashburger in Chicago several times, but when I stayed at Caesar's, I tried their breakfast burger for the first time (patty, bacon, egg, cheese). It was a great option for something fast, cheap, and greasy.

4. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is pretty good but nothing life changing. The one in Caesars Palace has a very limited menu, at least compared to the one they have here in Columbus. I wanted a quick bite and was a little disappointed in the lack of choices.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Smashburger. I probably eat it monthly at home. When it's done right (most of the time), it's nice and juicy. Never tried the location at CP, that's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. When in Vegas, we'll eat it near the South Premium Outlet Mall sometimes. Those are non inflated food prices and also offer Joseph James Craft Beers for $3.50, yum! I really don't like their fries though. We get Haystack Onions instead.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's not bad, but IMO Shake Shack is light-years better (it's all about that potato bun for me). Smashburger does have pretty solid milkshakes though.

7. WhskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhskeyTangoFoxtrot MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it hard to believe it's anywhere near 5 Guys......

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm maybe the regular menu is, but the breakfast burger was only around 7 or 8 bucks I think....very reasonable for what is essentially a bacon cheeseburger with egg. Didn't check out the regular menu though.

And I would agree with you, WTF, five guys does a better burger.

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks cheaper than i remember now on the Web. A create your own smashburger starts at under $6 for regular size at most locations. But it's $5.99 for a "classic smash" if you're willing to trigger a gaming day with your TR card. $6.99 if you don't.

10. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good, but although not in Vegas yet.... but .BurgerFI is the best burger I've had from a chain, possibly ever. And yes I've had Shake Shake, In and Out etc.......BurgerFI buries them

11. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Five guys is better than both Shake Shack and Smashburger. Haven't tried In and Out yet, but it's on the list for June. Hoping it lives up to the hype!

12. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going to get into which burger chain is better, it's all personal taste after all. But I do recommend that whenever you try a new burger joint, taste a bit of the meat alone without any condiments on it. You will be surprised at the difference between chains. Hard to tell the quality when it's buried in Mayo, ketchup, mustard etc.

TomTWI

13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So is the classic smash meal $5.99 or is just the burger $5.99? If the latter then it is more expensive than In n Out, their complete meal can go for under $6. Thought about trying them (SB) out but if they are a couple bucks more expensive then maybe I will stick with In n Out since I feel that meals are "GIGO" anyway. :poke:

14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, it's all very subjective. One man's "best burger" is another man's "garbage".

15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just the burger. Their prices are more in line with five guys/fatburger.

16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, I will probably pass on SB.

17. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One word that describes Smashburger, and that would be Greasy. Some people would call it juicy, I just call it grease. Nothing special about their burgers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.