1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Friday or Saturday tournament is "best": Aria, Venetian, or Wynn?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by spicole, Feb 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After many years, I am finally heading to a Vegas on my first-ever solo trip at the end of April. I am considering playing in one of the long daily tournaments at the Wynn, Aria, or Venetian, either Friday or Saturday (or possibly both, but that is unlikely). I will be by myself and can commit the time if I end up going deep into the tourney.

Does anyone here have any advice on the "best" single tournament to play? Details:

Friday
    Aria = 11:00 AM, $200+$40; 30 min levels
    Venetian = 12:00 PM, $200; 30 min levels; $50 bounties, $9k guaranteed
    Wynn = 12:00 PM, $180+$20; 30 min levels; $100 add-on, $10k guaranteed

Saturday
    Aria = 11:00 AM, $200+$40; 30 min levels
    Venetian = 12:00 PM, $300; 30 min levels; $100 bounties, $12k guaranteed
    Wynn = 12:00 PM, $200+$25; 40 min levels; $100 add-on; $25k guaranteed

I'm familiar with all of three of the rooms. I will definitely want to play the mid-day slot instead of one of the evening tourneys. FWIW, I will be staying at Aria on Friday and Saturday. I already have a couple of biases... I think the Saturday tourney at the Wynn will be too long. The earlier start and location at Aria are attractive, but I really like the room at the V and the bounties & guarantee are interesting angles.

Bonus question: has anyone played in the Thursday evening PLO tournament at the Wynn? Worth it? Typical number of runners?

Any opinions or thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance!

2. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never played cards at the Wynn so cannot speak of that.

I give Aria's room the slight nod, really like the ambience in there. Venetian is nice also. I play there more often since I usually stay center strip and it is a closer walk. I think it is probably 6 one way half a dozen the other as far as the actual tourney. Since you are staying at Aria, I would choose that

3. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if I was going to get any replies and was thinking about bumping this closer to the date.

I am curious if anyone out there has an opinion on which structure is better between Aria and Venetian.

4. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I can recall, they are fairly similar in structure. Aria's might have been a lil
    Better. It has been 3-4 yrs since I played there. Last yr I played mainly in Ventetians deep stack events

5. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spicole, I was thinking about playing in either one of these as well. We are there the same weekend, maybe I'll see you at the tables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.