1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What Vegas properties currently offer REAL room service?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by notfromconcentrate, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks to be somewhat of a hot topic among us, so I'll ask a question that I think gets right to what many of us might be subconsciously wondering... and that is, where can you stay in Vegas that offers "real" room service?

Hopefully what I'm getting at is clear... not take-out containers, not pre-made and microwaved, no workarounds. Prepared in the kitchen, plated, brought up on a cart, and served in (not just delivered to) the room.

I think it's somewhat crazy that this should even be remotely difficult to find. Can anyone provide some insight on this one?

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  2. Uttad40

Uttad40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great breakfast in the Aria Sky Suites in January. Everything you mentioned, the highest of quality. It was delicious and a great experience.

3. vrak01

vrak01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at the Trump and ordered room service (late at night only, so I can only speak to that time frame when their options are more limited) on a number of occasions. Even though it's by no means a good-quality pizza, my SO is a bit fond of the ones they offer - especially after a night of drinking on the Strip - so we often would order one of those and generally a salad or some other dish to share. If we ordered items other than a pizza, they would bring everything up in a 'traditional' way - on a cart, plated, with salt/pepper/mini Tabascos/etc. in containers (not packets) with real silverware, etc. The pizza would be in a box, like delivery, but I think that was also for convenience so that you had something enclosed to keep your leftovers in, if you had any, since their rooms are all equipped with either half- or full-size SubZero fridges.

I won't say that it was the best food I've ever eaten, but the prices were less heart-stopping than I've seen at some properties and it's perfectly serviceable nosh when you're half in the bag.

4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all strip properties offer this service 24/7. I know for a fact those I've stayed at in the past few years - Flamongo, Bally's, Ceasars, Bellagio, Cromwell all did.

5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both Wynncore and V/P have excellent room service. 24/7 and offering a fairly wide assortment of items. The Wynn Southern breakfast was designed by someone who actually understands grits and gravy.

6. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio has THE BEST room service, Aria is decent, MGM is ok. Delano is at the very very very bottom of my list (pre packaged)

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually drive to Vegas and my first night in town always starts with room service and unwinding from the road. I haven't stayed at any property on The Strip where I couldn't get 24/7 room service. Sometimes they just roll the table/cart thing into the room, without actually setting up anything, but I don't mind that. I'm sure if I had asked them to set it up, they would have.

The only place I've stayed where I can recall not being able to get room service was Main Street Station downtown. It was an issue at the time, so I remember it clearly. ;)

8. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmopolitan has really good room service. Food quality is very good, restaurant quality. The Tropicana also had great service to go along with a pretty good burger.

9. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can order food from some of the Golden Nugget restaurants as room service, iirc.

10. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Paris last week and got French toast, hash browns, and a glass of OJ. $40 Bucks. The OJ itself was $6.00. I doubt I have to tell you it wasn't worth the price...

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was your experience, or what were you told by someone else, that makes you think that this is at all difficult to find on the Strip?

To answer the question, I have had room service as you describe it at numerous CET properties. I wouldn't call it phenomenal, but it's always decent.

12. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M Resort has the best breakfast room service I've had.... Anywhere. Freshly prepared dishes, white tablecloth, stainless etc.

Plus, they also have hand-dipped milkshakes and killer club sandwiches if you are ever stuck in your room nursing a hangover. I ended up visiting M to burn some free play last year and proceeded to get blitzed beyond all belief. I had a 2 night room comp so booked an impromptu room and spent the next day paying for my evil deeds, but enjoying greasy spoon hangover food.

Nick:beer:

13. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo did not have 24/7 room service when we tried to stay there last Dec. It was a deal breaker for us along with the MANY other problems.

14. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotels are now routinely doing away with room service - and there's been a bit of chit-chat here about how some properties only offer pre-made/pre-packaged food for room service. I suppose I just come from a background where such things as room service in reasonably nice hotels are somewhat to be expected... but I'm just trying to obtain a firmer grasp of the situation, is all.

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps the more expeditious route would be to list the "chit-chat" properties that reputedly have gone cheap.

16. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delano was one, as mentioned earlier in this thread. Perhaps I should update the original post with a list of "questionable" joints, if others can chime in?

17. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best room service I've ever had in Vegas was at the Skylofts. Their in-house chef is excellent, and you can also order anything from any of the MGM restaurants to be delivered via room service.

19. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Wynn-owned property will always have excellent room service, as has been my experience in the past and the present. The best indication of which hotels would offer genuine room service would probably be the type of clientele that frequents the hotel and the hotel's popularity. I would definitely be skeptical of properties at the far north and south parts of the strip, but there are always exceptions.

20. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I've been out of the loop lately, when did Delano switch to this? We haven't been to vegas in about a year and a half but THEHotel/Delano was always our go-to. We were there just after the official rebranding and did their room service Thanksgiving lunch and it was actually quite good (for room service).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.