1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip hotel bathroom amenities (shampoo, soap, etc)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Shigeru, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shigeru

Shigeru Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What bathroom amenities (shampoo, body wash, etc) do the various strip hotels offer? Who has the best? Do some of the suites have better, different brands from the rest of the hotel?

I've heard of select hotels offering "the good stuff" (C.O. Bigelow, Molton Brown, Kiehl's, Marvis) but cannot find much information online.

The normal "deluxe" rooms at Monte Carlo had lackluster citrusy generic MGM toiletries.

Thanks everyone!

2. morga251

morga251 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was just in a Cosmo wrapparound suite... bathroom had Bigelow.

Not sure what the rest of the hotel has.

3. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    more important is which ones have the better TP?

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All CET properties have Gilchrist & Soames. I never heard or them before, but that brand does have a website. At Caesars their hair care products have the Michael Boychuck (Caesars Palace salon stylist) name on them, but I noticed on the back, it still says Gilchrist & Soames. He probably just endorses their products. I always take the hair care, body wash, and soap from the hotels. Oh, and also the spare toilet paper. I only have to buy one package of toilet paper a year because of what I bring home from hotels.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most better Vegas hotels have their own brand of toiletries which are of uneven quality. CET uses Gilchrist and Soames as has been mentioned, the bottles are different depending on which hotel you are in. The best I have seen was Bulgari amenities in a skyline terrace suite at MGM. I have heard/read that Bellagio provided Hermes in some of their top suites at one time.

6. TAS17

TAS17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the stuff at Wynn...Molton Brown. Every stay I tip housekeeping extra $$ with note for extras... I stock up to bring home! Not crazy about the Bellagio bathroom amenities , so never bring home with me.

7. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo wraparound and other higher end suites Cosmo have Marvis toothpaste they offer. All cosmo rooms provide C.O. Bigelow as the staple shampoo, body wash and conditioner/

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 in a major way. Often at Encore Tower Suites, which means morning cleaning and evening turn down service so stocked twice a day. I pack a duffel back to bring back my Morton Brown products, slippers, leather shoes horns, etc.

Meant to add I love the lavender Bigelow products at Cosmo though I haven't stayed there in a while.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gilchrist and Soames is a company that specializes in hotel toiletries. They have some nice products of their own and they also develop exclusive lines for hotels, so the Boychuck line is something he made have developed and they manufacturer for the hotel. I actually prefer it when the hotel offers the Gilchrist and Soames products that are their mainstays which you see on their website, like their oatmeal soap. The exclusive lines are cheap alternatives more often than not.

10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure as to the quality of the G & S at CET props, but I know my husband likes the small hand lotions. Always has one of those in his vehicle & feels it is a good quality. I like it because even with a scent, they are not so strong that they trigger the reactions my sinuses have to highly scented products.

11. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um...soap is soap is soap. It's all the same to me.

12. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's frugal and then there's something else. You are something else.

This is why we can't have nice things.

13. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they reuse the half bottle of shampoo, conditioner, or body wash that I don't use? I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they combined two half-bottles to form a full bottle. Actually, I combine two half-bottles that I've used, but I take the full bottle I made with me instead of leaving them for the next person.

14. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D had Bath & Body Works last time I was there. I was surprised because I rarely like hotel soaps and I liked them.

My mom used to travel often for work and would bring back bags of hotel toiletries, which she'd donate to shelters or soldiers in Iraq.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are now charities that are able to recycle partially used soaps and the like. I think it's the toilet paper comment that is raising eyebrows.

16. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe he was just teasing about the TP...

I also love the Wynn toiletries. I still have the lemongrass citrus from years ago, use it when I want to evoke special memories, although they're getting stale now. But like even better the new coco, although I thought Molten Brown was the color, not the brand. :eek: I wish I would have brought back more now but suitcase was already so heavy.

For OP FYI - the Linq now has dispensers of soap, shampoo, & conditioner mounted on the shower wall. Which I think is a clever idea, probably saves a lot of housekeeping $ & time, and I found handier than opening little bottles, but you're not going to be able to take anything home.

17. Shigeru

Shigeru Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like Wynn and Cosmo have the best stuff currently, with Molton Brown and C.O. Bigelow goods.

Hotel32 at Monte Carlo discontinued their Kiehl's line several years ago according to a concierge, which I was sad to learn about...

18. IHeartDancers

IHeartDancers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if the Encore or Cosmo will provide earplugs?

19. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delano has Malin + Goetz which I like, especially the peppermint shampoo.

20. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing wrong with taking toiletries with you. You are paying for them. My personal favorites are the Bigelow at Cosmo, Malin + Goetz at Delano, and Vive at Vdara. I don't care for the Gilcrest & Soames products.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.