1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Related to "Slot Volatility" - what are some LOW-volatility slots?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Morpheus7272, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morpheus7272

Morpheus7272 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

I'm wondering what the slot players out there know about low-volatility video slots. I don't commit a lot of money to the slots, but it would be nice to turn my $20 into $50 or $100 with a higher frequency than on the mega-volatility games.

I know the original Goldfish slots are low-volatility, and I play those, but are there any others still around?

Thanks,

Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Sinbad.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Sinbad is pretty low. And from watching videos on it, "The Big Bang Theory" seems to have pretty low volatility with frequent bonuses.

Any IGT split symbol games are also low volatility (Twin Win, Cats, Fiesta Chihuahua). A lot of older IGT slots are pretty low volatility too, including one of my favorites, Texas Tea.

Generally speaking, if you are looking for games with low volatility...

Find games where symbols don't "tile" together .
    Find games where the biggest symbols pay something with only matching 2 of a kind.

4. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Batman seems to give a ton of bonuses (bonii?) with relatively low volatility.

5. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wolf Run is pretty good too

6. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Supposedly the old 3 reel machines are pretty low volatility, like double diamond, etc. In my anecdotal experience this is true. Not as flashy as the video slots though.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wolf run isn't low volatility in my book. I think IGT officially defines it as "medium".

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. At higher denoms, I would ever go as far as saying WR is highly volatile.

Nick:beer:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it just says seems low volatility to me since I always seem to win on it

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I think of low volatility. I think of stuff like Geisha, Sun and Moon and games older than them. Easier to get bonuses and generally frequent hits. Wolf Run is like the grandfather of the high volatility generation.

11. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a general rule, older slots will have a lower volatility. If you look at the glass and see older years, you most likely have lower volatility and higher payback percent. There certainly are exceptions and I'm mainly referring to 2008 and older. Beginning in 2010 or so, volatility increased and payback decreased and it's noticeable if you play all day (like me).

I agree many of the newer IGT slots are low volatility, When a full screen pays $10, you are at rock bottom lol.

Traditional reels tend to be higher up the volatility chain than video slots. Most video slots give you back at least a fractional hit on most spins, whereas traditional 3 reels don't. There are now 3 reel slots with like 15 paylines so it's getting blurry.

I actively seek out older Aristocrat machines (Sun and Moon, Buffalo, Wicked Winnings II, Outback Jack, Cashman, etc) because I know they generally will have a higher payback percent (although WWII is a volitile slot).

12. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the silver strike 25 cent 3 reel machines to have a low volatility if you cash the 10 dollar strikes in.

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super low volatility slots sometimes are low volatility, but also never give a decent "bump" in wins. Personally I like low-to-mid volatility. Wonder Woman Gold (not the other Wonder Woman, I forget the name, but don't like that one) is great. You can get a loose feel for the bonus, and up your spend when it's close. The bonuses are pretty consistent on payout percentage based on bet, so with a little OCD on timing, you can really stretch your money. (And it's fun, who DOESN'T love the WW song? Dorky, but fun.)

I also love Quick Hits "Black Velvet". Old school Quick Hits (max bet of $1.50) is also a favorite. I normally play 50 cents to a dollar, but on quick hits, you really need the $1.50 max. I avoid Quick Hits Platinum or any Quick Hits that throw in scatter pays that just reduce your odds of getting a "string."

I find WW and Quick Hits actually let me recycle my bankroll much longer than goldfish, and I like Goldfish, but it can eat money on a bad spell...good luck!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  14. callmegeorge

callmegeorge Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget the name, but the "Quick Hits 7" game where if you get like 7-8 "7s" or whatever, it pays the max bonus. That game is awesome low volatility. You get bonus games frequently that have free spins. Really fun too (and I hate silly video slots, but this one is pretty fun).

I tried Buffalo 1 I think, and it was the worst experience i've ever had. I only tried because i read about it here. I think i was supposed to try Buffalo 2? But anyway, on BUffalo 1, i put $100 in and played like maybe $1.50 - $4.50 a spin (dont remember max bet) and it was just terrible; almost no fractional returns the whole time, and tons of empty hits that looked like something nice on the screen.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.