1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Foundation Room reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by mjames1229, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought the Admission for Two reward for my upcoming trip. I have seen many instances (both on VMB and other sites) about how the view is a Must See, but I am wondering about the lounge menu.

I envision - after a long day of Vegasing - my wife and I heading to the Foundation Room, ordering something from the Lounge Menu, and hanging out on the balcony watching the city come to life at night.

I know that the reward is just for admission and that the cost of drinks and food is on me, but is my scenario of chilling on the balcony with some food reasonable, or have I oversimplified my plans into something not feasible (like, only real-life members on the balcony, no food on the balcony, etc)?

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  2. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone can go on the balcony and the view is incredible. I don't think you need to pay admission during dinner serving hours. They do have tables out on the balcony. I have only been there later in the evening after midnight when food is not being served, it's more of a nightclub atmosphere at that time. Save your my Vegas reward you may not need it at all during dinner hours. If your a guest at Mandalay or Delano and an mlife member call VIP services and get on the guest list to get in later in the evening.

3. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Return the MyVegas for the foundation room. Entrance from 5 - 9 pm is free.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Also, the Foundation Room in Vegas hasn't had a real "membership" requirement for quite some time. It used to be members-only except for very specific times, but they gave up on that years ago; now, it's pretty much completely open to the public, although they do charge a cover after 9pm or so. I've been there many, many times, and have never had trouble going up to the lounge for food and/or drinks. I'm not sure off the top of my head whether they serve food on the balcony (I think they might not, and at the very least I can't recall ever seeing food out there), but they absolutely serve drinks out there, or you can just order at the bar and bring your drinks outside. It's definitely a must-see, but not worth using a reward for unless you're planning to go during nightclub hours.

5. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip.

But dammit, I've got about 700,000 otherwise useless LPs (we're Caesars loyal, so MyVegas comp rooms as currently offered aren't exciting). I thought I was on to something.

Now, if I could only get my wife in a helicopter...

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  6. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me the best 2 views in Vegas..One is definitely from the Foundation Room and other is from Cosmo facing the Bellagio Pools and Paris. Go when it's dark. Oh hell just go. Get a drink at the bar and bring it outside. You cannot help but fall in love with the view.

7. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it, too, before I found out about the free entry before 9. I'm keeping it for now, though, because I have a ton of LPs I might not get to use for a long time, and it's unlikely we'll make it there before 9 due to plans. If they change, we'll probably try to make it, and then return the reward.

8. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly where is Cosmo is this patio/view?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.