1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Question for those of you who have bought chips

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lithium78, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm considering making a one-time purchase of chips to unlock better rewards, because I have over 500k loyalty points and not much to spend them on. I hear they offer two-night comp rooms for Bellagio if you buy chips. Could someone who has already bought chips check the Borgata also to see if it unlocks any special rewards there too?

2. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought chips (probably about a year ago?) and I still never see 2 night comps for anywhere. Best I can get is 1 night comp.

3. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the game is tapped out, I got 600k and nothing to use them on

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering how many chips do you have to buy to qualify for better rewards? Do those have to be facebook chips or can they be apple chips?

5. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there's anything special with Borgata. Everyone may get the same there. They did just re-add a comp night, but just a few dates in March for now. When they first joined, you could get a free buffet, now it's BOGO. But I haven't purchased a ton of chips, so it could be different with someone else.

Bellagio is 250K in LPs for a 2-nighter. Aria is 198K or something. Rewards like that are a step in the right direction. Not the olden days, but better than the past year or so.

If they really want to up the ante for people who purchase chips, forget just opening up an extra reward at MGM props, but make it so getting a free drink or nightclub access doesn't affect your limit.

6. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not 100% sure about around $50 usually unlocks the 4th reward and the hidden rewards. As always, no guarantees for either.

7. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have purchased chips in the past 3-4 years -- probably about $70 total -- not at one time. I do see the Bellagio 2 complimentary nights nights award for 250,000 -- Also Aria has 2 free nights -- limited dates available March 20-30 and April 10-14. Borgato shows one free night available March 1,3,8,9, 22 or 23. I am level 589 - I will have to check my husband's to see if he has same offers. He also has bought chips -- right at $50 over the last few years. He doesn't play nearly as much as I do and I forget what level he is at.

It is my understanding that buying chips doesn't guarantee you a 4th reward -- but my husband and I both have 4 rewards. So I wouldn't count on getting access to better rewards because you buy chips.

8. karlmonday

karlmonday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss the Mirage suite 2 night stay for 90k.

9. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm seeing a two night comp at Bellagio for 250,000 points. I see no rewards for the Borgata, meaning there is not even a Borgata icon to select.

10. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldnt find Borgata at first. The Icon is one of the very last. It is not with the other resorts.

11. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the help. :)

12. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you explain what you mean by "4th reward"?

13. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas players are allowed to redeem 3 MGM rewards per 30 days. Buying chips will increase that number up to 6. So the 4th reward is the first extra that players can get, usually triggers around $50 worth of purchases.

14. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I was thinking that's what that was...

Do you know if the 2 night options for Bellagio/Aria are for weekdays only?

15. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. Trumie04

Trumie04 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious how this works out for you h0llywood. I'm staying at Aria 3/24 through 3/27 and if those dates are still available, I could save a couple hundred bucks by using the MyVegas reward and paying for the other two nights, even if I had to spend $50-75 in MyVegas chips. If someone can confirm those dates are still available, I'd take the gamble and buy some chips aiming for that 2-night Aria reward.

Vegas is about gambling right? ;-)

18. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

If you're in it for the gamble, go for it. I do not recommend counting on earning extra rewards or unlocking others. People have seen patterns in unlocking the 4th reward with $50 spend but there definitely isn't a guarantee on that and I hear the secret rewards are even more random. I have spent maybe $10-15 a long time ago and randomly last fall I got bumped up to 4 rewards. In December I had some 2 night rewards available that not everyone could see, but I definitely don't have them now (wish I did!).

19. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Willy--I have no faith that those 2 night rewards are going to pop up after you do a chip purchase. Maybe on the next round of rewards? I don't even think the 4th reward will pop up right away. Good luck & report back if it does work! Also I will say that just because it shows on that calendar as available dates, they were still sold out on various dates & properties when I was using the reward.

20. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try and purchase in increments and make my way up $75.00. Maybe multiple purchases are weighted more than just one large individual purchase. I'll let you know once I get there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.