1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

¿Thoughts on Jaleo?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Cosmo next month and starting to contemplate some dining options. I'm familiar with many of Cosmo's offerings but I've never tried Jaleo.

Anyone have an opinion? I like Serrano next door...will I also like Jaleo?

Gracias

2. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will like Jaleo, I do prefer Serrano better but Jaleo is similar in menu offerings. I think the hot spot vibe is whats different between the two. First time I ate at Jaleo I thought it was very good, but second I was less impressed. Was at Serrano just this last month and was still enamored with the flavors, and offerings. I think if your looking for scenery with good food Jaleo will deliver, I just think as a foodie Serrano has better food but almost splitting hairs. enjoy

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reaction to Jaleo is .... meh. Doesn't compare to JS. There's nothing wrong with it, but no dishes that were particularly memorable either

I Need Spa
  4. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great experience at Jaleo last year. I might rate it a slight notch above Julian Serrano. The vibe and people watching is definitely better.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Jaleo was very good but a bit overpriced. If you're used to spend that kind of bank on dinner, then you'll like it. If you're looking for a value play, this isn't it. I've only had Spanish food about 4 times in my life so I can't speak to its authenticity but it was very tasty and I'm a picky eater.

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo is fantastic. It is spendy -- the $20 gin and tonic is expensive but the best mixed drink on the Strip for my taste (also easily recreated at home, which is a plus) -- but the food is consistently excellent. They have a fantastic lunch special, which includes the paella, which is superb. Just a great joint, great vibes, and great staff. I always stop in every trip.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Danny, how do you compare it to JS? As I noted in my post above, I was a tad disappointed in Jaleo. But all these posts are making me think I need to give it a second chance

I Need Spa
  8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time i went to Jaleo i thought it might have a small edge over JS. Since then i had a couple of just decent meals there and a great one so i find it to be inconsistent. JS has always been rock solid so its now my preference. With that said i haven't been to Jaleo in almost 2 years so maybe they got this issue resolved.

9. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know as a G&T lover myself. will be hitting up Jaleo for this on my next trip in May.

10. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Jaleo right down the street from my house, as Jose Andres has a restaurant every 5 blocks in the DC area. Jaleo is fine but I prefer JS. Maybe it is because I haven't had it as often. The funny thing when I was out in Vegas for a business meeting last summer, we ended up Jaleo and it was probably the best meal I have eaten at the Jaleo. Give it a try.

11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 of us ate at é a few years back, and it was a superb all round experience.

Very different, but I wouldn't put anyone off going, and may try it again one trip, if I can raise the numbers :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.