1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria resort credit for two good meals

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Hyperfocal, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a $150 resort credit at Aria for an upcoming solo trip. I would like to turn that into two good meals, preferably with one drink at each.

Haven't really eaten at Aria's nicer restaurants and would like some suggestions. My default is a nice steak, but would like to branch out a bit. Bardot Brasserie looks interesting and possibly Herringbone.

Otherwise, I might do the chef's tasting menu at Sage with the wine pairing and blow my budget.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one or two people?

Are you willing to go that amount and pay at checkout or with express comps?

3. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    highly recommend Bardot, we ate there 2 or 3 times during our last stay at Aria. if you go during happy hour, they have some killer deals on wine which helps keep the tab down. we thought the menu was well-priced for the quality of food; our favorite dishes were the steak tartare (served with fresh waffle-cut potato chips, so good) and the escargot (drenched in garlic butter, what's not to like?). steak frites is also a pretty good value. the bartenders are great, we sat at the bar and had good service. will be back in May with some resort credit and fully intend to blow it all there, haha.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't love Bardot, but that's primarily because I'm not a big fan of the cuisine. It's all well-executed, and their bartenders are fantastic, though.

I ate at Herringbone for the first time a couple weeks ago and was incredibly impressed. If the temperature is right (i.e., not too hot or too cold, which unfortunately has described Vegas weather for the last several months), I would highly recommend getting a seat at the bar outside. Food is fantastic.

I'd also recommend Sage, which is sort of hard to describe in terms of its cuisine, but as long as that menu appeals to you, then you're in for a great meal.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, $150 won't do two meals (including tax and tip), unless you're eating really, really, light. MAYBE two lunches, and that doesn't include alcohol.

I've eaten at Jose Serrano Tapas, and found the menu interesting and very well done.

"We were so hungry we didn't take pictures at Julian Serrano. We had 4 dishes

FISHERMAN'S SOUP
    shrimp | mussels | whitefish | sofrito

YELLOWTAIL "TIRADITO"
    filo dough | horseradish cream | ponzu

SAUTÉED BABY SPINACH
    pine nuts | drunken raisins | apple | shallots

CRAB BLACK RICE
    crab | lobster | calamari | saffron | squid ink | spicy alioli

I thought the yellowtail was the best, but I'm partial to yellowtail. Lunch was $80 (plus a $20 tip), paid for with mLife comps."

The tasting menu at Sage is $150 by itself. Add 100 for the wine pairing.

6. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Serrano is another place I've thought about.

Since I'm going by myself, I figure I can keep myself within a budget. Probably one drink, soup or an appetizer and an entree. I seldom eat dessert, so that's out. I'm looking for experience and taste, not volume. I'm open to lunch and it isn't the end of the world if I spend another $50-75. I've also got a free Aria dinner buffet for another meal. I can gorge myself there.

It's free money, so I might just use it for the Sage tasting menu and pay for the wine pairing. Of course, the way I follow my Vegas plans, I might end up using the entire credit raiding the minibar at 2am.

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha Ha - always keep your options open!

8. jENBEAU

jENBEAU VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lemon Grass is very good and not too pricey. It has thai, Chinese and dimsum. Stay away from the pho, though. I agree with Julian Serrano - it's delicious very reasonable at lunch time, especially.

9. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, why the negative on the Pho?

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not good at estimating drink prices, but I think you could do this: do lunch at the bar at Julian Serrano. My fav place to eat and the lunch bar menu is discounted. The portions are a tad smaller, but you save a few bucks. And you should be able to get three plates plus a drink for sixty bucks.

Then, I would spend the rest at Tetsu for dinner. Get one of the fish entrees, a vegetable, and a rice order. You will be stuffed and hopefully still have a few bucks for a drink

I Need Spa
  11. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just so that you know the lunch bar menu isn't available on the weekends. We were told that the last time we ate there.

12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I guess it was weekdays when I took advantage of that

I Need Spa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.