1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Low limit cash games

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Kevke, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats the lowest cash game u can play in vegas ?

I dont mind playing 1/2 but my girlfriend is a starting poker player so i was wondering if there are actually any lower blinds then this.

2. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure, but have u considered the both of you entering a cheap tournament (such as at excalibur)?

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1/2 no limit or 2-4 limit is the lowest I've seen. Abraxis' idea of a tournament is very good. There are usually $50 tournaments you can enter. I'm at work and gambling sites are blocked so I can't get a schedule for you.

4. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plaza has the machine dealt console and I think it was 0.05/0.10, but I'm not sure it's the girlfriend spot and I wonder about the collusion that could happen, but at these stakes it becomes carni

- - - Updated - - -

They also had like five dollar tourney with rebuy or something like that, I was very drunk...

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Linq runs 1/1 no limit. 2/4 limit at a few places as well like flamingo.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your comments , Problem is she has only been playing low limit tournaments and she was wondering if she was able to play a low stake cash game there , but if there is none she will continue playing tournaments !

7. AlaskaGal

AlaskaGal Newbie

Definitely take her to the $1/1 no limit game at The Linq.

8. Boydstun

Boydstun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when Bill's was still Bill's they had a .5/1 NL cash game but now 2/4 limit and 1/1 NL at linq are the smallest games

9. Yep

Yep Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read once there was a .50/1 e-table downtown somewhere. Was I imagining that?

10. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Five cent ten cent at plaza?

11. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No limit is no limit. Even with 50 cent and $1.00 blinds your girl could be faced with drawing to her Ace high flush on the turn and someone raises her $150.00 putting her all in.

I would suggest that she
    A- Read up on Low limit holdem I recommend http://www.amazon.com/Winning-Low-Limit-Holdem-Lee-Jones/dp/1886070237
    Lee Jones Book has been widely recognized as simple to understand but thorough!!

B- Find a low LIMIT hold em game. Buy in for $30/40.00 and see how it goes. Flamingo, Palace Station, Red Rock, Green Valley, Sante fe, Orleans and Golden Nugget all have 2/4 LHE (some like Palace Station have half kill). Mirage has 3/6 limit and Flamingo, MGM and Orleans will usually have a 3/6 game going when it gets busy!

C- Lastly...continue to read other books like http://www.amazon.com/Small-Stakes-No-Limit-Holdem-Miller/dp/0984143491/ref=sonya?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1456347906&sr=1-1&keywords=Miller+-+Low+limit+hold+em%21
    Ed Miller have a series of books on low limit hold em from basic to advanced!

12. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info guys , i think well stick to tournaments with ~ 60$ buy-in !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.