1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airport Road construction

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MG72, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Road Construction Airport

Will this effect the shuttle time to the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center?

ADVISORY: Shuttle bus service between McCarran International Airport and the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center has been affected by a sizable roadwork improvement project that is occurring south of the Airport Connector Tunnel. Lane closures and other construction-related limits to traffic flow routinely delay shuttle bus movement, particularly during evening hours. We advise rental car customers to allow extra time for their commute when returning to the airport after they’ve dropped off a rental vehicle. Likewise, please know that pick-up schedules at McCarran may be affected due to buses moving through the construction area. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this work period.

(Arriving Friday February 26, @ 9:30 p.m.) "Luxor"

2. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It slightly did going to the center on arrival, our return was a mess because there was a huge accident at the north end of the tunnel, took an hour and a half to get to the terminal from the Rental Center. :thumbsdown: That's not something they can control of course, but it is a variable you need to be aware of.

USBC Nationals
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's exactly what's affected, the shuttle. So allow some extra time when you return your rental car.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He/she is asking about going in the other direction, to the rental car center.

5. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. Thank You so much.

Still debating on what to do Rent Car, Taxi, Uber. Have an event on Saturday night that is approximately 10 miles north of Luxor on 589.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you only need transportation for one thing, then cab/Uber would be the easiest. I love having a car in Vegas but I do a lot of stuff away from wherever I'm staying.

7. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To and From actually.

Arrival on Friday 9:30 pm / Depart on Monday 2:30 pm

8. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes basically only for that one thing on Saturday. besides to and from the airport.

9. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long is this going to last?

10. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

So now, The cabbies have don't have to lie about construction to/from McCarran ?

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are talking about construction, they are talking about the tunnel. They have incentive to avoid it.

My experience with the construction was that it added about 2 minutes on arrival - bear in mind it's usually 7 minutes. In October, they actually took LVB to the tunnel and that added more time because of all the traffic lights. I don't know if they still need to use that detour all this time later. I usually plan for about 15 minutes to drop my car and shuttle over. You should probably double that until it's over.

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure how it is now but last month (January) they closed off the westbound (Gilespe?) cutoff that goes directly to the rental facility (using the tunnel) so the shuttle had to go past the cut off and get off on las vegas blvd and backtrack to the rental facility. With traffic it probably added another 10 or more minutes to the trip FROM the airport to the rental facility.

The tunnel route was also backed up because the freeway was down to 1 lane so all the cars had to funnel into one lane.

Going back to the airport the onramp was still open so there were no delays but that could have changed in the past month.

IMHO it depends on the time of day you are taking the shuttle. But during the hours you mention (9:30 pm to the rental facility) I would probably allow an extra 10 to 15 minutes (normally about 7 minutes) or more to get to the rental facility. This is good to know because I'm going to be there for spring break so it may take longer to get anywhere.

13. MG72

MG72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.