1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown back to the strip Saturday nights.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by fenway68, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For our annual pilgrimage downtown on our upcoming trip we are planning on going on an all day Saturday trip. We usually bus it back and forth to our mid strip "home" however dread the bus ride back sitting in stop and go traffic.

What if any are better options and costs? Taxi, rideshare (uber etc) and best routes?

We would likely head back between 9-midnight.

Thanks in advance.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at that time it is going to be heavy traffic no matter which way you go. Uber good choice if not surge high pricing. 1.3 -1.4 is still less than cab. SDX (express) bus runs til midnight

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you be at a strip hotel with/near a monorail stop?
    If so, one option is to take the monorail north to the SLS stop, then take the SDX downtown. The reverse will work for getting back to the strip too.
    This option can aid in avoiding most of the Saturday strip traffic. Depending how many folks in your posse, a ride share like Lyft/Uber may be more affordable.

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how many of you?
    we've had a small group just call a limo service.... worked for us... why be cheap?

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rideshare or taxi. Let them use the I-15 and be prepared to pay extra for it.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Even if it is 3-4 people only walk up to a limo driver sitting there and tell him to take you to the strip and I bet he will do it for $60ish

A couple SBs weekends ago we cabbed it way off strip to our watch party at Steiner's. No cabs would respond to our return call so I hollered at a dude in a livery escalade and he took us back for $60.

7. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the I pin it's just the two of us. We would do a cab even at the cost given the time save. It's about $30-40 by cab w tip to mid strip? I guess we could cab it to a monorail stop then go from there

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the strip is packed and traffic is crawling tell them to take the highway and then exit by wherever yore staying. I've paid as little as $20 with tip when there was no traffic and another time we got hit with a $50 spot when it was a busy Friday night

9. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RB is right - $60 seems to be the magic number for a limo/livery vehicle. I've done this for parties of 4-5 and also for parties 6-8. I don't even ask how much I just say $60 and they've said yes from DT to mid-strip all 4 times I've tried it.

The other option is the SLS monorail route. We did that last time. Worked well short of a cabbie trying to long haul us on the interstate on the way back - to the tune of doubling the same trip from SLS to the same spot we picked up the return cab. That route (cab and then monorail via SLS) isn't the quickest/laziest way, but it does remove the monotony of sitting in traffic and you feel like you are making progress at least.

10. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had week pass for the monorail (bog of) from MyVegas and just went to a monorail station, got to Westgate or SLS and then taxi from there downtown/Neon Boneyard/outlets, etc - no taxi was more than 13 bucks plus small tip. Easy to get a cab back or walk a bit then get back the same way. This worked perfectly for our week and was easy, convenient and cheap. That said, we enjoy walking so may have done a mile or two more than some people seem happy with!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.