1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Starting out 2016 at The Cosmopolitan!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by evoni, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Whew, just finished in time for next trip!

Went to the new CliQue lounge at Cosmo a couple times so have photos and a video of the table side mixology.

Finally went to a restaurant at Crystals in City Center, Mastro's Ocean Club. Photos and even took a video since they like to put dry ice in a couple things. I thought my Cosmopolitan Cocktail was going to erupt a few times as it really bubbled for 10 minutes or longer.

Tried out the new I Dream of Jeannie slot, not a fan of it.

Played the new Jurassic Park slots and liked them a lot.

Discovered the Lightning Link games and love them.

I like the new High Limit Cosmo lounge but forgot to take photos of it.

They were still filming scenes for the Bourne Identify movie with Matt Damon while I was there and had the strip closed off one night in front of Bellagio with the fountains going off until around 4am while they were filming traffic/chase footage. It was fun to watch that from my balcony.

For the long version with lots of photos and some videos if interested, it's here:

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2016/02/starting-out-2016-at-cosmopolitan.html

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy this weekend with everyone and great luck!

3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for sharing, i hope i have half as much you you! Mastro's looks fun. I love fancy drinks but some of the prices even i balk at a bit. Once i win i will celebrate & get the Dragon Fire drink :)

4. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time and lots of handy's for you and your group.

Good luck

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good read and good luck on the next trip! Just got back a couple of days ago myself! :(

Also fun to see you going to the "dark side" of VP for a bit! ;) Glad to hear that coin-in isn't a factor at Bond. I can mostly be patient at times...:eek:

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a question about reserving a machine. Is that a Platinum benefit or you think I could get it at Gold? There's a video poker machine that I'd like to be able to hold if i need to use the restroom or eat.

7. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I'm sure we will have a blast and hopefully the luck sack will be with us too. :)

Glad you enjoyed it. If you like things that bubble and smoke with dry ice you will love Mastro's, LOL. Good luck, I hope you have lots of big wins on your trip and if you end up trying the Dragon Fire drink let me know how you liked it.

Thanks Char. Can't have too many handy's these days. :)

Sorry we're just missing you. When I play VP it's usually the dark side for me, that's for sure. LOL However this trip I'm going to take a break at times from the slots and play some Imperial Baccarat at Palazzo.

I'm gold at Cosmopolitan but I don't think reserving a slot has anything to do with Identity card level as they didn't mention that to me. I think anyone who has been playing a slot for a while can make the request and they will agree to reserve it for a couple hours while you go eat. If it's just for a few minutes to go to the restroom usually a slot attendant will just wait by it and stop anyone from playing it until you return.

8. NickyJ

NickyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning to check out Cosmo on my upcoming trip, so I really appreciated the timeliness of your trip report. So disappointing to watch your video of I Dream of Jeannie. It's a new slot I was looking forward to playing. I'll still give it a try, but with lowered expectations. Have a fun and winning trip!

9. 6Mermaids

6Mermaids Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the trip report, Evoni! I always enjoy them. Good luck this weekend and have fun! :D

10. Raptor

Raptor High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip, looking forward to reading.

11. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was disappointed in it too as was my friend Boots, however we missed getting most of the bonuses so it could be there is some big win potential in one of those. I have found that with some IGT slots like Hangover or Sex and the City which I dream of Jeannie seems very similar to that sometimes these games go into cycles of bonuses, if you could hit that with I Dream of Jeannie, I think it would turn out to be more fun then my experience. I hope you have some good wins on it if you do let me know!

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks! I'm sure big win or win (trying to think positive) this trip will be a blast!

Thanks Raptor!

12. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck evoni

You girls are going to have a great time and lots of W2-G hand pay jackpots.

Making me want to make the trip back to Vegas but I need to be good.

Thanks for posting food pics.

13. Way2fast

Way2fast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Temptation............temptation.............

14. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - - - Updated - - -

We are hoping to get back to LV in September...perhaps Cosmo can match our offers at either MB or Wynncore. Anyhow, thanks for the TR and the photos

15. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always enjoy your reports Evoni and the now I am lucky to be in one of them!! A pleasure to meet you at Wicked Spoon.

16. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always always love your trip reports Evoni!! Thanks again for sharing with us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.