1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool Questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by lmchls, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmchls

lmchls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trip got moved from April to February due to work schedules...not that I'm really all that upset about going to Vegas sooner :evillaugh We booked at the Plaza because we found a really good deal on Priceline. After I booked I found out the pool is closed :nono: I have all day Wednesday with nothing to do now...I had planned on lounging in the sun while my hubby and step son go shooting machine guns out in the desert. Any suggestions on a decent pool not too far away that I can pay to get into for the day? Thanks in advance!!!

2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call the Plaza and ask them (a host, in particular) if the property has reciprocity with any other properties downtown concerning use of their pool. Then you can post the answer here for everyone to benefit from your knowledge.

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the DTG will let you in free, I have been there twice and never asked for room key. It's nicer then Plaza also.

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Just wanna mention.........It could be a bit cool in February.

5. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the only indoor pool downtown is at the Golden Nugget. You can call them and ask if they have day passes available to the public.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Technically the DTG pool is for hotel guests only (I asked at the front desk one day) but as hooked mentioned, they are a little lax on checking room keys. Unfortunately I doubt the DTG pool is open in Feb.

I did a search on GN pools and I found this info on another thread:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting the Golden Nugget. For non-hotel guests, you may purchase a day pass upon entering the Tank pool area. The cost is $25.00 for all ages except for ages 2 years old and under no fee is required. However, you would have to call on the morning of the day you would like to purchase the day pass to see if the hotel is allowing non-hotel guests at the pool and at what time you could access the pool. Unfortunately, on high volume days and holiday weekends we do not allow non-hotel guest at our pool.

Probably best to call GN to find out because I'm not sure what the policy is during the off season.

7. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. It may be Vegas, but February temperatures won't make any outdoor pool enjoyable.

A Tripadvisor thread from 2009 (which is seven years ago... geez, I feel old now) suggests that a non-guest may purchase a day pass for circa $15-$20 - here is the thread in question... https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k2467997-Golden_Nugget_pool_for_non_guests-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  8. DickTater

DickTater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

9. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah. It only LOOKS like it's indoor because of all the glass walls surrounding it. I wasn't sure about it as I've never used it. Looks like there are no indoor pools downtown.

10. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lying by an indoor pool seems a bit pointless though doesn't it?

11. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think most pools open until March and close in October.

12. MsNVegas

MsNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not if its the shark pool at the Nugget, that's a pretty darn cool pool! My kids 19-20 beg us to stay at the Nugget simply for their pool

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.