1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant Suggestion

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mattMN10, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas with my brother next Monday 02/22 for 2 nights at Mandalay Bay. I will have a $100 resort credit that I would like to put towards a great meal at one of Mandalay's nice restaurants. I'm currently pondering either Fleur by Hubert Keller and doing the Tour the World for 2 or trying a meal at Aureole.

Has anyone tried the tasting menu at Fleur?

Does Aureole still offer the parallel tasting menu?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :nworthy:

Halloween - spooky big wins incoming
  2. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer "Cut of the Week"

A friend visited Fluer and Aureole and she was less than impressed; her son is a chef, so I trust her view. She said the food was good, jut not what was expected. $100 will go farther for 2 at CP Steak, IMHO

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $100 will not get far, unless you order water with dinner. And even then.

MB has lots of great places to eat. We have enjoyed many dinners there and lots of lunches as well. From Italian to Russian, to Fleur, and Aureole. We did small plates there and they were okay, but, well, not wonderful.

Not sure if they are still there, but all the places had their full menu's online. We usually do a lunch of two at Fleur and still hit close to $100 with drinks. We sit out front at the bar usually.

4. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the replies. I understand the $100 RC won't cover our dinner, but using it as a discount essentially.

5. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having been to all three, go with Charlie Palmer Steakhouse's Cut of the Week. The quality is top-notch, you'll get way more bang for your buck, and you'll leave full and satisfied, guaranteed.

I do somewhat agree with Fenway68's comment about Fleur's food being great but not excellent. However, for people that are tired of steakhouse fare, Fleur's Tour of the World is a breath of fresh air, since you get lots of different and unique dishes. That's why I still recommend Fleur to others if a steakhouse is already in the plans.

I wasn't really impressed with Aureole, especially after eating Charlie Palmer Steakhouse the night before. It is a good idea to check out the wine wall there if you haven't already, since it is pretty cool.

6. mattMN10

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reservations have been made for Charlie Palmer. Can't wait to try the "Cut of the Week" special! Thank you all again for the suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.