1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is it worth getting a 2nd TR card for my wife?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by hotreds, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She does not gamble. But if I gamble a few hours on her card, will our offers be any better than if I just use my card for everything?

2. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

I'm not 100% sure but everything on 1 would prob be better. But not 100% on that!....If your in vegas..play myvegas and have her get a mlife card and you can get nice free comps with myvegas on facebook.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to understand the difference between a 2nd card on YOUR account, or a card totally on HER account. Two different things. Since she does not gamble, I think you are asking about getting her an account, which SHE has to do by showing her DL.

Then...
    If you put 20% of your play (for example), on her card, your value to CET will now be 20% less. Hard to say how it will lower your value as it pertains to offers.
    Her value will be low because her play is low.

BUT - for at least one time, if you put a few hundred in play on her card, it might get a teaser offer you can use on your next trip to get extra nights. There is a risk your value to CET will go down, but it might not be too bad.

4. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reckon I should just go with the one card. The reason I even asked was that the TR sign in page has the option of entering a second TR card.

5. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to know, but the fact that you can enter a second TR number on reservations can make a significant difference in the amount you pay or whether a room is comped or not. My sister does not gamble a lot, but I always use her TR when we go together and it has made a big difference. I would have her get the card and do just a little gambling on it - if it makes a difference in even one trip it will be worth it.

- Linda in TX

6. Bettyboop66

Bettyboop66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I for the last few years have always gambled on one card, that way we seem to get better ofers. This last trip was the first time we've used my card on the last day because we were flying out on the red eye and wanted any points earned after check-out to go on my card since I use mine for Social Rewards only, and that way they wouldn't expire. The strangest thing happened this year when looking for deals for our trip to Vegas in September, he had hardly any nights comped anywhere, and I had comped nights all over the place. This is the first time I've ever had any offers on my card. We are staying at Bally's in a Jubilee room from Sun to Fri. all comped. All we have to worry about are the resort fees. So I guess you can never tell what the best way to go is. I'm sure there are a lot more people that will answer that have much more experience with Vegas than I do, but I just thought I'd tell you how it worked for us.

7. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it all depends on the amount of play you usually give cet, if you are getting offers beyond the calendar rates on the website (freeplay, food, etc) then you would have to weigh the difference.......but if you are like me and your offers are minuscule, in my opinion get the second card in her name and run a hundred thru it or so........the 2nd number on the TR website makes a big difference for us in the reduction of price or number of comped rooms and/or nights.......

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girlfriend and I are such fleas (~50-100 TC/day) that adding both of our TR numbers in hasn't done anything positive for us.

I have a bad feeling that the best answer depends on the level of total play and how it's split. As nostresshere mentioned, the one benefit of splitting the play up is that she'll likely get a more generous teaser offer for the amount that you run through her new card.

9. furnitureguy

furnitureguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I would get her a card too, so she would get her own offers as well.

10. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

Its funny. the last time i went to vegas was last year and I didn't gamble heavy on my card at all and got my weekend comped at the harras for the end of the month.Unless they can see me gamble not using my card lol. just have to pay resort fees. Its weird. You would think they wouldn't want to give low gamblers free rooms.

11. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely get her an account of her own (with her own account number). If you are a low roller you should still get double the offers by just putting 50 points onto her card on your trips to Las Vegas. And when you book a reservation, it will come in at a lower rate or comped if you add both accounts onto the room. If you are a higher roller (platinum/diamond) you won't miss 50 points going onto her card and your offers won't diminish. 50 points won't affect your offers and it can only produce more offers from her.

12. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, ok- I guess it wouldn't hurt to get her her own card and give her $100 and let her play The Big Bang Theory slot- the one show she watches religiously!

13. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He mentioned she does not gamble. No gamble, no offers.

14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true... sort of.

They will look at the play on the 2nd person and MAYBE decide that the play between you is great.

If the 2nd person has not play, it has no value. Maybe even negative.

BOTTOM LINE - they give rooms to people that they BELIEVE will play enough to cover the cost. Simple business. No magic.

15. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    However, I would either gamble a bit using her card, or give her $100 and ask her to gamble for a bit. Basically debating if I'm better off gambling- say- $1000 on my card, or $900 on mine and $100 on the wife's.

16. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both gamble on the card in my name to be able to maintain a higher level card, which will get you better offers.

17. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not in Vegas but at a local place the gf and I combine on a card and get decent offers now. Individually we were hardly getting anything but now combined we get a room any night of the week, at least $100 to $150 in food thru a host.

18. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that should be true in most places in and out of Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.