1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET and/or MLife?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by hotreds, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering if I spend a day gambling in an MLife property will the potential comps I get doing this offset the potential comps I lose from CET. At this point CET is and probably will remain my #1, but I wouldn't mind sending some action to #2 IF the positive will outweigh the negative doing this. Right now I'm getting four days of comped rooms at lower end CET properties per stay- I'd like to be able to get comped rooms at MLife properties as well so I can spend maybe six or seven days in Vegas with comped rooms. Would spending a day gambling at an MLife property give me this comp.or should I just stick with CET properties? I understand there are many variables, but all other things being equal: is it worth doing this?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you say "spend a day" do you mean an entire day's bankroll? What's your daily loss limit?

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the problem, as you mentioned, is there are a lot variables. So it is hard to answer that question. FWIW, considering your post in another thread (about saving RC), if you play at a high enough level, mlife properties will comp you back end using discretionary comps and let you save your express comps.

I Need Spa
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to assume a play level based on you saying that you can get 4 nights comped at let's say the bottom half of CET properties.

Don't give an entire day's bankroll to MLife. Pick a property in the bottom half of MGM's pecking order, like Monte Carlo - NYNY - Luxor - Excal. Pick one you think you'd like to stay at.

Take $100 - $200 and play a boring quarter or dollar slot machine or VP until it's gone. You should end up getting teaser offers for a couple of nights, which will let you try it out on the following trip.

The reason not to spend a whole day's bankroll is that:
    1. it probably won't improve the initial offers you get from MLife (unless I'm way off on your bankroll)
    2. You aren't staying there, so there's nothing to comp against on your initial visit. You'll earn some Express Comps and PointPlay, but the rest of the comp value will be wasted.

Going forward, you are always going to get more room comps from CET than MLife. But, it's always good to have options.

5. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife doesn't seem to value video poker players. I never get offers from them and the way that most of their properties have either adopted, or are experimenting with, drink voucher systems at the VP bars doesn't really entice me to give them my play.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
  6. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks- I just wanted to have the option of a couple free nights at an MLife property if I decided I wanted to stay more than four/five days. Thanks, Chuck, for the playing advice. That's the info I was seeking! I'll take a couple hundred to Excal and see what happens!

7. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about doing that with TR. I have been strictly MLIFE for the last 5 years. I get great offers as I am Platinum with MLIFE. I was wondering if I gave TR or Cosmo a lot of play what offers I would get? Sometime you just need a change in rewards programs.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same advice, play a small amount first to get a teaser offer, then play your normal amount when you take it.

$400 a day in theo should get you 5 nights upfront at Caesars or 4 nights at Cosmo.

9. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We belong to both players clubs because we alternate comped rooms between Total Rewards and M Life. We started out playing only at Caesars and started getting offers from them, but we were only able to get 3 comped nights playing quarter video poker (takes both of us to maintain Diamond card). We decided to start with M Life properties to see what kind of offers we would get through them and started at a lower end property (Luxor) figuring we would get better offers there. It worked, because we get lots of offers from Luxor for 3 comped nights in a suite + $75.00 in freeplay. After that we started playing more at Mandalay Bay, and same thing there (minus the suite). We find that belonging to both clubs will get you more comped nights.

10. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck. I will give that a try this trip.

11. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is nice to have options. I hope it works out for me the same way.

12. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Candydave- that is exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, CET works a little differently, I should have worded it differently.

Where MLife sends offers, what will (or should) happen with CET is that after you make a first visit, within a couple of weeks or so, comp nights should start showing up in the availability calendars on the TR website. CET also does offers, those will take a little longer to show up and may or may not be better than what you can get via the availability calendar.

14. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might have missed someone saying this, but a very important thing to remember with MLife is the offers you get through e-mail are almost always better than what's on the site. So don't get discouraged if you don't see anything worthwhile, 'cause the droid you seek could be in your inbox.

And BTW, it's totally worth it to give MLife play. CET is great because of the AC and Philly connection, but I really like the MGM-branded properties out there.

15. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are welcome. Hope you have a successful trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.