1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Hyde a good place to simply meet up for a drink right after opening?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bobby jones, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looking for a meet up place to have a drink or two and perhaps some small bites before taking on an evening. I am not interested in the nightclub part of Hyde as we would only be there an hour or two. I assume no cover at that time and no reservations but we would be required to get the heck out by a certain time before the kiddies arrive?

2. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I went last year when we were waiting for our reservations at Olives, I think we got there about 8:00 on a Friday. There were four of us and we were able to get a great table as it was pretty empty at that point. We ordered some chicken satay and some filet sliders I think - food was decent but nothing amazing - but we just needed a little something to tide us over before our late dinner reservations.

Our waitress was attentive and happy to serve us. We stayed about an hour and a half, and towards the end of that time, it got very crowded with large groups coming in, and the wait to get a drink at the bar was 4-5 deep. We thought it was great that we had a dedicated server so we didn't have to wait in the line. The best part, though, was the amazing view of the fountains... especially as one of our group, my cousin's new husband, had never been to Vegas. So it was a special moment for him to view the fountains for the first time that way.

When we left, we offered to give our prime table to a small bachelorette party, but someone approached us and said that after we vacated, that table was reserved. But no one made us feel like we had to be out at a certain time... we could've stayed much longer as long as we kept ordering drinks!

So to answer your question, yes it's a great place to meet up for drinks and small bites!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they have the high plexiglass all around the patio now? Used to really enjoy grabbing a table in the early evening before the remodel when it was Fontana Bar. At that time, it was the absolute best place to watch the fountains from.

Now I'm not too keen on sitting behind a thick sheet of glass to watch the fountains, so I haven't bothered to visit it since the remodel.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bump...

Any more thoughts on Hyde as a place for pre dinner cocktails? (Not that jenblase's response wasn't very helpful.:thumbsup:) I have 8:30 reservations at Prime this Friday and we thought we'd grab a few drinks and a fountain show or two at Hyde beforehand.

We just want to relax, chat and enjoy the fountains...is it safe to assume that encountering a typical club environment (loud, crowded, etc) won't be a concern this early (7-8:30ish)?

5. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were in Vegas in June. We grabbed some drinks at Hyde after an early dinner at the same time you are looking at, aroudd 8:00ish. We had a great time. Yes, there is some high plexiglass panes, but the views were great and service was also great. There was a big group there but it was not crowded or too loud. Drinks were (very) expensive so be warned. Overall I would recommend it 100% for what you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went with a group of my friends from high school on a Saturday in May. We got there just as they opened. We had several rounds of drinks and some appetizers. The apps come from Lago. It was s great place to sit and have a conversation and watch the fountain show.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is a great place for pre-show drinks or light eats. I have never been there much past 8 and it has never been overly crowded. We are not drinkers, but they always take great care of us. Typically we make one stop there a trip. I don't think you will be disappointed with a stop there for a few drinks.

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I've been there when it's still light out and it's totally chill. Definitely not cheap though, the round I picked up was two bud lights and two vodka sodas, and it was close to $60.

9. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fontana Bar was one of the best spots in Vegas PERIOD! I hate Hyde, went once to see it and never went back.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Hyde on Friday from about 8 to 9. It was a bit busier than I would have expected at that time, but by no means crowded. In fact, the table we were given would have been the one I would have chosen, given the opportunity to do so.

Anyway, as others have mentioned, it's a great place to grab a pre-dinner drink.

Thanks for the info/help, gang.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.