1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Housekeeping

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Knucklehead69, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else notice an issue with late housekeeping service at MGM resorts? Probably the last 4-5 trips my room has not been serviced until mid afternoon at MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, and Aria. We usually get up early and very seldom have the do not disturb sign out... Worst case was Executive Suite at MGM Grand not being serviced until after 3 pm 4 days in a row. Starting to see a real pattern here.

2. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had few trips at MGM Grand where it was after 3pm (I also found it strange - even called once asking if they were coming).
    But the last trip during Thanksgiving it was before noon again.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think in a place that big it's a crap shoot. Someone has to be first and someone has to be last. Depending what floor and where on the floor your room is you could end up anywhere in between.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't had any trouble the last few stays at Aria. The only thing that's happened to me a couple times is forgetting to turn off the "Do Not Disturb" lamp, in which case they leave a voicemail telling me they tried to stop by. Usually I head downstairs for lunch around 11:30am-12pm and put the "Service" light on before I go out, and it's almost always done by the time I get back. I'm not sure whether that light is connected to the housekeeping system and flags my room for priority, but it might be worth trying next time.

5. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my trip leading up to Christmas last month housekeeping was a major issue at the MGM Grand. We were 18th floor with a nice strip view and we always left the room early for it to be cleaned. Only one time during the 4 night trip did housekeeping clean the room and give fresh towels and make the bed. I don't even think fresh sheets, etc. were put on just the best was made again.

I did bring this to the desks attention along with a few other issues we had during our stay and they waived our resort fee and also gave us a standing offer on 1 night complimentary room anytime within the next year that I'd like to use it.

I thought I was nit picking but I'm glad to know I was just not being anal about the lack of housekeeping at the resort.

6. NY2LV

NY2LV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at MGM anywhere from 6-8 times a year (depending on client schedule), never had a problem getting fresh towels not the bed being made. You can ask the housekeeping supervisor (they are usually roaming the hallways during the day) around what time do they think their staff will get to your room, and it's usually pretty close.

7. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can also call for Housekeeping. I usually don't leave my room until 1 or 2 in the afternoon (I tend to sleep in), and I call Housekeeping on my way out.

8. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can also depend on how many rooms need to be cleaned for new guests checking in that day. Those rooms will get priority.

9. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    As akhoya362 said, you can call housekeeping, or you can talk to them if you see them on your floor. They usually service my room pretty promptly if I do that.

10. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maids work until 5 or 6pm. As long as they come before that I doubt there are any other specific targets they need to meet in terms of what time they do rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.