1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Storing luggage

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mick66golf, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mick66golf

Mick66golf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there I'm new on here and I'm looking to find out if there's anywhere that you can store luggage for a couple of days . We are coming to Vegas in sept and are staying 4 nights and are staying in the Balligio and then we are going to San Francisco for the weekend before coming back to Vegas to stay in the Elera for another 4 nights and we were hoping to get the Elara to take our main luggage for a couple off nights before we check in so we only need to take hand luggage to SF for the weekend . But I have emailed the Elara 3 times with no reply and don't know what to do next .

2. DowntownDiva

DowntownDiva Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stored bags for half a day at many strip hotels without issue - landed early in the AM and rooms weren't ready. I suppose if I didn't get the bags for 24-48 hours that nobody would really notice, but I don't know how often the hotels verify that nobody's abandoned packages with them.

Try calling the main number and ask to speak to the bell desk or just show up the night before you're leaving with your bags in tow and explain the situation. They'll either just do it (tipping the bell person well would help here) or will tell you they won't. But, people ship packages to hotels in advance of their arrival for conferences all the time. This can't be any different than that.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might be one of those situations where if you ask you'll be told "no" but if you just hand the bell desk your luggage along with $10 and tell them you'll be back in a few days, you'll be fine. Those guys work on tips and what the managers don't know won't hurt them.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your request isn't unusual - you can go to the bell desk of any of the major hotels on The Strip and check your luggage for a few days with no problems. You don't have to be sneaky or tip extra or even use the property you stayed at or are going to stay at: they will hold your luggage for up to a week at no charge.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yup, I went to san fran a couple of years ago. I flew into vegas and then flew to san fran. When I arrived in Vegas I took the wax to the strip and left my bags (2 of them) at the bell desk at a strip hotel (I don't want to get in trouble so I won't mention the hotel name) and then flew to san fran. When I came back I picked up my rental car and drove over to the hotel and gave them the stub and they brought out my luggage. I didn't even stay at that strip hotel and they held it for me.

As for policy, I guess supposedly the hotel policy is that they don't keep your luggage so that may be why they aren't responding to your queries but I have kept my luggage at a few hotels for a couple of days with no problems. I would take the bigger hotels since they probably have a bigger area to hold your luggage (but then most strip hotels are like that - unlike the downtown hotels that may not have a lot of room to hold your luggage - I tipped the bellman at the lvc when it was open $10 to hold my luggage for 3 nights).

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I would add is to leave your phone number on a luggage tag attached to each piece so that do start to wonder they can get in touch. Likelihood of needing it, about 1% but it will only take you ten seconds.

7. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple days isn't going to be an issue. I've done this before with no issues. They have seen everything. Just say, I'll be picking these up in 3 days when I check back in.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.