1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MSS Gift Shop

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by bull1029, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone tell me if the gift shop at MSS has beer, and if os how is the selection? I know about the shop on the Cal bridge. Does it have a good selection?

Appreciate the feedback.

2. oaktownjc

oaktownjc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only remember the gift shop selling growlers, filled in house...beer goodness

3. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS Has beer and some liquor. Prices are what you would expect from a downtown gift shop at roughly 2-2.5 times normal liquor/convenience store pricing. Selection was typical with the usual suspects if I remember correctly Bud, Coors Heineken etc. I saw a sign for MSS craft brewed growlers but I didn't investigate whether it was pre-filled or take the empty and a receipt to the Bar.

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 - 25 ounce cans for $6, bud, miller, a couple more. 6 packs of bottles, but need opener. 10% off with Boyd card. same price at Cal. 2 for $5 at ABC on Fremont. Better prices off fremont, just like off the strip

5. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, guys, really appreciate the info. I'm a huge fan of the brews at 777, but I like something to sip in the room also. How are these spots for mixers? My wife loves diet Mountain Dew with vodka (don't ask). She usually gets it at Walgreens, but we're staying at the other end this time. Any chance these shops have it?

6. Huntersdad

Huntersdad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I recall from last month, transaction went something like this: a. select 25 oz can from fridge(6 packs cannot be broken up). b.pay cashier showing players card for 30 cent discount. c. can of bud then placed in paper bag and stapled shut. d. receipt then stapled to paper bag. e. paper bag with beer then placed in plastic bag. f. walk ten steps to hotel elevator
    I believe points can be used for purchase at 40% discount, but I was afraid to ask as I was only there for 3 days.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use your points at the MSS gift shop. They sell a pretty ornate growler that you can buy empty and get filled for an additional charge at 777 or the bar. My wife wanted one as a souvenir, she is not a beer drinker. The bonus is that there is a discrete two liter fill line on the neck; when the local breweries fill it to the top I get about eight bonus ounces.

Bros are back!
  8. curtzo604

curtzo604 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Growlers from MSS are the way to go.

However, I believe there is a 7-11 on Las Vegas BLVD a block North of Ogden. It's cheaper than buying from ABC or Gift Shops...

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can use points in MSS gift shop. But only at $1 per dollar. Better off using points on food with 40% discount

10. eldersburgtom

eldersburgtom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do have Diet Mountain Dew in the gift shop. That's my favorite soft drink. Don't think I'd ever mix it with Vodka though.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mixed Mountain Dew and jack Daniels once. Bad choice.

12. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in college I knew a few girls that were fond of Mountain Dew with Bacardi 151. But here in Kentucky they pretty much put Mountain Dew in their kids' sippy cups.

Bros are back!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.