1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Service charge" at MGM's Grand Spa

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by oddjob, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddjob

oddjob Tourist

Is the 20% service charge that's added to all services at the Grand Spa at MGM intended to be the tip for the provider or is a tip intended to be additional to the quoted price of the service and the service charge? It's not clear on their website, although the fine print on the linked Spa Rate Card (which mentions that 1% is reserved for admin costs) makes me think that the remaining 19% is, indeed, at least a starting point for a tip.

2. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure that is the TIP.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that is plenty.

$130 for a 50 minute massage. Then they tack $26 on top of that. For most people, even that would be a decent income. Not to say anything about the cost of the massage in the first place.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That being said, though, I would definitely check. It probably is the tip, but I've seen places have a "service charge" that goes to the property and not the service provider (Miami is notorious for this), and I'd hate to screw over the provider while solely enriching MGM.

5. oddjob

oddjob Tourist

That's my concern as well. I usually tip my regular massage therapist pretty well, and I definitely wouldn't want to stiff one in that regard.

Thanks for the responses, guys!

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a massage at MGM Grand on my June trip. Being a bit of a spa "virgin" I definitely asked that question, and was told that was the tip. Hopefully that was accurate because I was very happy with my massage.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.