1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VMBers Need your help in finding Hotel Rooms with the best views thread

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Funkhouser, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Calling all VMB'ers. One re-occurring question I see on the board for the past few years is around room selection, and which towers / room #'s have the best views. While I have collected some information during my stays over the past 10 years, I have long wished for a central source where I could search by property I am staying and get which room number / floors have the best views. I am undertaking a project and need your help.

I am asking VMBers on their next trip to note the following and post information in this thread.

- Hotel you stayed at, what floor, and what tower.
    - Take a snapshot of that floor layout sign on the back of your hotel room door that shows room numbers. Please indicate if you were in an odd or even numbered room. Room number would be great also, but not necessary if you have reasons of privacy
    - Take a picture of the view out your window
    - Post a short comment on your room view

Whats going to happen with this info. I am a tech professional and I am going to aggregiate this data as it comes. I would like to create a permanent thread which has a best hotel room views by property where people can arm themselves with information for their next visit and secondarily I would like to create a public database of room information. BTW I am in no way planning to monetize this information it will be for free public consumption.

I will start by posting some information from my recent Caesars palace stay and slowly add my CET rooms with a view history on the thread. Your help is greatly appreciated! - Funk

2. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars Palace - Palace Tower

Stayed on 23rd floor in room 2322
    High floor with view of pool, Augustus tower, and Octavius Tower. Very limited view of strip and top of Bellagio, Cosmo, and Ballys. South strip facing no fountain, some mountain view.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great idea. I will update next time I am in Vegas.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I had seen a website with similar information once, but can not find it now.

Sounds like a cool project.

1 room down: 61,999 to go!

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have spy cameras at my house? I've been toying with an idea similar to this one for a while now. I think it's a great idea and can't wait to see what you do with it.

6. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea! Check out the A View From My Seat website for the sporting/concert event equivalent.

7. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea!

8. dmc25

dmc25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love it! Will post pics next month!

9. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sonya, I know there is a lot of trip report information on the site, but I am not sure unless someone gives consent how photos can be reused. In case of TapaTalk if its shared from their servers, I think the user still has to give consent.
    Regardless, I have around 6 CET property / room types to get this off the ground. I am sure if I comb the trip reports we can start putting this together and make a significant dent quickly.

BTW I have been wanting to do something, not quite room review related but more of a funny info clearing house. Similar to what CheapoVegas used to be prior to selling out.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you still want the pics/info if we don't have the emergency chart but do have the room #?

And does a great view count if the room had a terrible bathroom?

11. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dec 2015, Flamingo, room 28084 (top floor); 2 queen strip view. fab non, smoking (I believe they upgraded me to executive fab)
    I don't have flloor map or tower name
    Directly across strip from Caesars Palace, view of Bellagio fountains, view of Mirage, view of mountains

IMG_20151210_083258524.jpg
    IMG_20151210_083244181 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20151210_083314307.jpg

12. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you've checked this out yet or not, but someone else here pointed me to it a week or two ago: https://www.room77.com/?pid=qc7eB7&id=Tn2Z65#/

I've played with it a bit, about 30-50% of all Strip hotels have floorplan data there, with simulated views from each room.

Anyway, here was our view from room 2694 at Paris in 2014. This is a Red Room. Northwest leg of the 'X', near the end of the hall. Even numbered rooms on this leg have this view, our last three stays at Paris have had similar. The farther you are down this leg, the less the Eiffel Tower blocks the fountains. You can see nearly all the way to Mandalay. Fantastic.

IMG_3559.jpg IMG_1111.jpg

13. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had this site bookmarked - kind of looks like what you want to do ? Maybe it will save some work; it's quite an undertaking!

Appears that they only have room detail if that hotel has a little "View Floorplan" link under the orange Get Deal, however. For example Vdara, Mirage, Mandalay Bay, etc. are listed with View Floorplan. (You have to pick some dates & then search) . Below I searched L.V. Strip & Feb. 21-26. Caesars doesn't seem to be listed but you can play around with it, as it came up before.

https://www.room77.com/?ian=46062029&pid=ybPYqd&id=1soxfk#/Las%20Vegas%20The%20Strip%3B36.1200981140137,-115.165451049805%3B2016-02-21,2016-02-26%3B1,2%3Bc/las%20vegas,NV,US%7Co/pb%7C%22n/85108%22%7Co/pe%7Cf/Neighborhood

Here is Harrah's, that I had bookmarked:
    https://www.room77.com/floor_plan_standalone.html?hid=113149&pid=u5fjSY&id=ykUXJH

14. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last spring we stayed at Mandalay Bay, room 21211 for a conference. This is the wing that juts out toward the Strip. Odd numbered rooms look north, right down the Strip. Not bad. Also a view of the Area 51 planes that come and go! IMG_1539.jpg IMG_1538.jpg IMG_1561.jpg

15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great funkin' idea, Funk.

I will post my Palazzo and Mirage info next month.

16. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the bathroom will be a phase #2 item (pun intended), unless of course its a bathroom with a transparent shower and the view was worth mentioning.

17. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the link. Yes this is kinda a large undertaking, but my intent for now is to keep it simple with floor, room and tower recommendations. If I get enough input, it could evolve beyond a basic database search. Right now I am looking to do it as a fun project to see if it gets any legs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.